21. Wrap Party

"Well then you two, I think a speech is in order and a confession maybe?" Gina walked out of the shadows next to the director and for once had a smile on her face. Looking at the two of them she folded her arms and looked rather pleased with herself.

"Oh well, first of all, I think its only right that we thank the staff that have made this all possible," Tom stepped up to speak on behalf of the two of them as Kate was sure that she had exhausted her vocal chords by putting all her efforts into the last scene. His previous statement being met with a resounding applause as they all congratulated each other for their hard work over the past six months.

"It certainly has been the best six months of my life so far and I can't thank Kenneth Branagh enough for creating this whole thing. To have my own movie based on the character whom there will always be a part of in me for the rest of my life is just fantastic so thank you Kenneth Branagh," He raised his right hand in the direction of the director as everyone once again everyone applauded him, he bowed and saluted Tom who Kate was sure had blushed a little.

"And there is Gina, who I think Kate and me can both agree on this one," He turned his head and laughed playfully at her. "She has been a wonderful boss and an even better mother on set and one who I certainly won't be forgetting in a hurry. So to Gina!"

This was it. Kate knew she had to speak as she had a few things to say, but before she got the chance to open her mouth Tom continued.

"And one last person who I feel deserves the up most respect and biggest applause of today. Her acting skills are second to none and to be honest I'm surprised they didn't fire me and replace me with her as I know she'd make an excellent Loki," he didn't make eye contact but she knew who he was talking about.

"Kate, you have made a wonderful companion to Loki and an even better friend to me so congratulations to Kate for a spectacular death scene and an even better reincarnation!" He clapped so hard he could feel his hands going numb and warm from the friction.

She waited for everyone to finish appreciating her acting talents which she didn't know she had until a few hours ago. Another one of her newly discovered talents was turning her face to the colour of a beetroot and as she stood feeling suddenly rather awkward as she never had like attention and this was literally her worst nightmare.

 "Thank you Tom and everyone this has really been the best time of my life and I can't thank everyone enough. But before you all get too bored and your hands drop off there is just one  more person I think that needs the biggest applause of all. Tom..." She turned on her heel and faced him, taking his hands in hers as she spoke she could hear gasps and whispers of 'I knew it' and 'I told you so' s coming from their audience.

"You have helped me so much over all this time and I don't think I could ask for anyone better than you. To Tom!" She shouted as Gina placed a glass of Prosecco in her and Tom's hand, raising her glass along with everyone else who now too were holding glasses with sparkling fluid in.

They were about to walk off set to get their make-up removed as they all needed to prepare for tonight's wrap party when Tom grabbed her arm pulling her into his warm arms.

"Oh and one more thing, Me and Kate are officially an item so thanks to Lisa for sharing those rumours around the office even if it wasn't obvious enough at the Christmas do. Although she isn't pregnant and we aren't engaged much to someone's dismay those rumours aren't as true as I'd like them to be..." He winked at her, bending his knees so that his head was in line with her eyes.

"That last part of the whole pregnant thing was a joke by the way," He laughed and planted his lips on hers sending Kate's brain into meltdown as per usual. How can a man I've been spending all her time with still make me weak at the knees?