37. A Marvel Wedding

"Are you sure about the bridesmaid dresses being short?" Rachel and Kate were currently sat whiling away time in Kate's trailer. Filming for the next Loki film hadn't started yet but they were given early access to their trailers because they were needed on set for read through's and other meetings. It was only a week until they would be expected on site for filming so Kate was in full wedding planner mode whilst she had the time and energy to do so.

"Yes. It's going to be like mid-summer. People aren't going to want to wear long layered dresses if they can get away with it." Kate grasped a hold of her cup of tea and blew on it a little; it was far too hot for immediate consumption. Rachel was currently scribbling something down in her notebook she had set aside specifically for the planning of the big day.

"Isn't Tom meant to be here too?" She dotted her I's and T's and slapped her pen down marking the page with the nib. "We can't be deciding all of these things without him here."

"Yeah he is on his way, he was just finishing up with Gina I think. She wanted to talk to him about his holiday pay or something." Rachel stopped heading towards the bowl of crisps that had been delivered by the unfortunate runner that she grabbed and demanded them. She loved Rach but sometimes she just wished she wasn't so... selfish. It really was blush-inducing. "What?"

"Gina? As in Gina Gina?" she sat forward so that her knees were knocking the coffee table, sending beverages spilling over their cup edges.

"Yes... Gina Gina. Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing no, it's just that... Well...."

"Oh spit it out woman what?"

"Gina, she isn't actually on site this morning. She rang me and told me to rearrange our meeting which we had originally scheduled for first thing. Not sure where she is but I can tell you she isn't here." Kate's heart was beating a little quicker than it had been when they were talking about the colour scheme.

"Well, maybe he got his dates mixed up. I don't know. I will give him till eleven then I'll call him." She checked her phone to see that she had missed a text from the man in question. "Oh look, talking of the devil, he says he is sorry and he is running late. I'll call him." She was a little concerned as to his whereabouts, he didn't often get his dates and appointments confused. It only took a few seconds before he answered his phone.

Sounding rather out of breath, he replied "Hey darling, how are you? Sorry, I couldn't reply sooner I was at a meeting offsite with Gina and Luke and a few others about an upcoming potential role I have been scouted for. Exciting stuff huh?" He sounded as though he were smiling as he spoke, sending Kate back into a more relaxed state.

"Oh thank god for that. Rach had me worried then, she said that Gina wasn't on site this morning but you told me you had a meeting with her and I just thought... well, I don't know what I thought, to be honest." Her words spiraling out of her mouth and through the phone hitting Tom like a sack of potatoes.

"Honey, you really are always wired aren't you? You just need to promise me you won't go worrying about me like this okay? It's no good for you. Or me. I worry about you worrying. It's getting us nowhere." There were several horns piping in the background and Tom still sounded as though he were running a marathon.

"I know. Where are you anyway? I think you need to calm down honey you sound really knackered."

"Yeah, I'm just trying to get a cab to you. You in your trailer or Rachels? Oh hang on darling," He muttered something to a cab driver, she could hear the shuffling of fabric and doors slamming. "Right I'm on my way to you. I should be only about fifteen minutes."