20. Proposals

The two of them were inseparable ever since their night together, all Kate could think about was how smooth and warm his hands felt on her skin. It was as though he had left invisible burns on her skin from his passion. 

Even thinking about him sent shivers down her spine, his love and affection were so strong it both intimidated and excited at the same time. If this was what love felt like, then how did anyone ever go about doing everyday things without stopping and messing everything up as all she could think about was him.

He was in everything she did. His shirt was now hanging on the back of her bedroom door and she had a draw of his things at her place. His smell lingered as she opened the door from last night as he lay sleeping soundly, snoring lightly his breathing like a whisper.

Smiling to herself, she placed his freshly brewed tea on the bedside table and sat next to where he was sprawled. "Morning sexy," she ran her fingers through his hair as she whispered in his ear, feeling him stir slightly beneath her touch.

"Mmm, morning darling." He groaned out as he rubbed his eyes turning his body to face her. "Sleep well?"

"You know, these past few months I've had the best nights sleeps I have ever had." Kissing him on the top of his head, she moved her hand down to his face, lifting his chin up a little, making him look directly into her eyes. "You know why?"

He looked at her with a raised eyebrow and laughed his famous laugh, his eyes pouring into hers with a hint of mischief glinting as the light from the now open curtains hit him.

"Hm, maybe a little more physical activity has helped? I know I always sleep like a log when I've really put the effort in." he mused, shifting onto his elbows to support him.

"Yes, I've noticed. You don't half snore Mr." She began to giggle as she moved to the opposite side of the bed, sitting next to him with a cup of coffee in hand.

"So," He began, sitting himself up properly this time, adjusting the pillows before taking his tea and having a sip. "Today's the day then. Are you ready?"

Kate knew what he was referring too and the mention of it sent butterflies erupting from the pit of her stomach. It was the last day of filming today and it was Kate's big scene.

Her character Marian was to die after being shot by one of the Fire Demons. She knew what she was doing though as she had previously been an extra in Casualty where she had been hit by a speeding car and died in theatre so she wasn't new to it. But still, this was her chance to really make something of herself.

"Yeah. Although it's a bit sad that today is the last day of filming," she replied taking another sip of her scolding coffee.

"Yeah, but it also means that it is about a week or so until the wedding. You must be excited because I defiantly am," he chuckled to himself as he tipped the cup upright on his lips and finished the remnants of his earl grey.

"Are you kidding! I am so excited it's unreal, it's my brother getting married and for once I actually like his fiancée. I mean his last girlfriends weren't exactly friendly. They were money grabbing bitches."

"Oh miss Kate, it's sweet that you care so much. I can tell that you and Chris care so much about each other. He thinks the world of his little sister. We were talking the other day, you know when we were at your parent's house and I asked him- I... I mean he asked me..."

He stuttered as though he had said a little too much. Three months ago, just after Kate had been attacked by a tree Chris had pulled Tom aside and had a heart to heart with him as they were worried about her.