29. Mini-Me

"So, these tree houses then..." Kate was trying to work out how to pack for the weekend. Not knowing really where they were going or what they were going to be doing was making her more anxious which defeated the point of the entire weekend; in Kate's eyes anyway. She still didn't feel right after this mornings worship of the toilet bowl but she did feel a whole lot better than she had after waking up. These nightmares were getting worse and worse by the night and she really hoped she wouldn't get any whilst she was a room away from Tom's parents. The screaming was enough to deter anyone let alone a soon to be relative; way to make an impression. "What am I packing? Like what do I need for a weekend away with the Hiddleston's?" She laughed as she grabbed six pairs of pants and socks each and placed them in the corner of the suitcase.

Tom was standing in the ensuite in the bedroom brushing his teeth. He couldn't really hear what she was saying so poked his head out from inside the room; toothpaste dripping from the corners of his mouth. "mhm?" he smiled and went back to spit out the toothpaste so he could talk to his beloved properly.

"Right, whats up hun?" He stood behind her and put his arms around her waist, nuzzling his head into her neck which really didn't help her concentration.

"I can't seem to think straight, my mind is all over the place." She dumped her t-shirt pile onto of the open case and sat herself down on the edge of the bed. Tom took her hands in his and knelt down in front of her. "Hun, are we going to talk about this sickness? The morning sickness? You've been sick every morning for the last few days."

Kate now had tears in her eyes. "I know, I hope it's not what I think it is." Tom looked a bit taken aback by her comment.

"Would it be so bad if it was what you thought it was? Unless we are on different wavelengths here and you're thinking it is something really bad," he laughed which in turn made Kate smile through her tears. She took one of her hands out of his grasp and wiped her eyes clear. "It's not, I mean what if... I don't..."

"When was the last time you had a period darling?"

"Straight to the point Hiddleston aha," She laughed.

"No, but seriously, jokes aside now petal. When was it?" Thinking about it, she couldn't actually remember. Her periods had never been the most regular so she was never to know if anything was wrong down there.

"I don't know, I mean it might have been just after we went to the cinema last and we had that pasta at the restaurant just outside of the Kings Road? How long ago was that?" She wasn't sure it even was then but she remembered feeling icky so it could have been then.

"Okay my darling, I can have a look at my photos to find out when that was. And you're right, that pasta was quite something." he sat on the bed with her, shifting the case so that he could put his other arm around her. "It's going to be okay you know. I mean worst comes to worst we will just have a mini-me running around the house. It's not like logistically it won't work, I mean my schedule is a little wild but money wise we are all set and we both have savings and acting work pays very well.."

"Tom, honey I can't help but feel as though you're worried as well. You're speaking at the speed of sound."

"Right, sorry darling. Back to finding those photos." It was a rather tense few minutes. It was as if they were taking a pregnancy test then and there. "Bingo, it was on the wait... 1, 2, 3... 4 weeks ago? Straight after we had paid the money off for the holiday?"

"Yeah, that's it! So what does that mean? That's like the normal timing isn't it?" Kate's face flushed with a little relief.

"Well, yes my dear but I still think we should do a test. I mean to make sure you are alright more than anything." Kate was still staring into space contemplating all of the possible outcomes of the next few hours. "Kate? Kate? Anyone in there?"

"Huh? sorry yeah shall we go and get one now then?"

"Well, um darling I'm not sure that anywhere is open so late at night, actually let me call in a few favors I'm sure Luke won't mind." He stood up and began to dial Luke's number. "We can't have you worrying all night can we? Especially if we are going to have to be up early tomorrow. I'll be right back." He walked out onto the balcony of his apartment and began talking rather animatedly.

Kate moved the suitcase off the bed and placed it by the door. She faced the facts that she might not get it all packed tonight given the circumstances so lay back on the bed trying to calm herself a little. Tom walked in five minutes later making a beeline for the bed.

"Right, he's getting one from his 24-hour shop around the corner and he's bringing it up to us." he moved onto the bed and placed himself above her using his arms as a support. "Now look. Whatever happens, I am not going to go anywhere alright? Even if its positive or negative I will still love you regardless. We don't need to decide anything now anyway so it doesn't mean anything either way." Kate smiled a little. He was cute when he was trying to calm her down. "Anyway, I do rather like the idea of a mini-me. I wonder what color hair they would have." He smirked as Kate began to laugh. Just as they were getting comfortable the doorbell rang. "That will be Lukey boy. Be right back." he leaped up and ran to the door.

Moments later Tom was standing in the middle of the room unboxing the clear blue test. "Right, um so how does this work? Do you need to drink lots of water or do you need a wee now?" Kate looked almost bemused at his way of describing what to do.

"Um, I do need a wee so I don't think I need to drink anything. I think from talking to friends about their experiences that I need to pee on the stick and then wait for two minutes and the rest is history." She got to her feet and edged closer to him.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He stepped forward and put his hand to her face, cupping her cheek.

"Tom, we have done quite a lot together over the last few years and I can safely say that peeing in front of you isn't something I want to add to the list." She giggled a little and kissed his hand as she removed it from her face. "I will be right back." Popping her phone and tissue on the bed, she took the test from his hand and went into the bathroom, her breath hitched as she did so.