19. Awards and Passions

It was a while before either of them spoke. Tom was still as polite as ever though as he opened her car door and lead her up to his flat, occasionally edging away as he got a little too close to breaking the silence which felt three feet thick.

Kate removed her coat and passed it to Tom, who went to hang it on the coat rail in his cloakroom on the left. His flat really was huge. The interior matched his personality perfectly though, neatly organized and neutral colours; injected with Marvel merchandise and acting awards.

Kate took her time as she walked over the pristine carpet, removing her shoes hence was an obvious choice as his apartment was considerably cleaner than anything she was used to and didn't fancy being the first to make a mark on his floors.

She stopped walking and began to gaze dreamily into his trophy cabinet, which backed onto his living room and kitchen space. He had awards galore, ranging from smaller ones such as previous drama school achievements all the way up to MTV's Movie Awards for Best Villain and Best Fight Scene.

"Congratulations,"

"Hm?" Tom had now joined her in the living room and had two large blankets and hot water bottles in his arms.

"On your awards and stuff. I've never seen so many." Kate could tell he wanted to talk and tackle the wild elephant in the room which was surely about to charge.

Sighing, she shrugged her shoulders upwards and held herself as though she were feeling the cold. Tom obviously noticing her sudden discomfort wrapped one of his blankets around her; gesturing at one of the hot water bottles.

"Do you want one if I warm it up? I'm boiling the kettle anyway before you feel guilty for using my electricity and water," he smiled, it still not quite reaching his eyes as the concern was still visible in the frown lines around them.

"Ur, yeah sure thing thank you."

"Okay, well you go and sit down in there," he pointed at the sofa in the middle of the room and told her he wouldn't be long and to make herself comfortable.

She walked over to where he had said and placed herself rather awkwardly on the edge of the white leather seat, allowing room for maneuver and Tom of course. Noticing the kettle was just about to boil over she stiffened up, pulling her knees under herself as though preparing for the worst.

A few minutes later, in he walked, carrying two mugs of boiling hot substance.

"Where are the water bottles?" Kate smirked a little as she watched him pull out a coffee table and place his and her drinks onto it.

"Ah well, I also have a secret weapon." His face had mellowed a little since the last time he smiled in Kate's presence. He looked down upon himself as he placed both his hands into the waistband of his trousers, as he did Kate noticed two perfectly placed hot water bottles which were squished against his hips with the support of the elastic in his clothes.

"Nice," She couldn't take her eyes off his toned V shape which was suddenly at eye level. Tom laughed again seeing that her eyes were not where they should have been, handing her the water bottle which had burnt him a little on his journey from the kitchen to here.

He slumped back into the sofa, grabbing his blanket, water bottle and coffee and began to speak in a tone which shocked Kate at first causing her eyes to bulge a little as he spoke.

"So what's this all about? Are you going to tell me? Or am I going to have to force it out of you?"

"No, no force. I need to tell you this because if I can't tell you then who can I tell." Kate held her breath a little attempting to gauge his reaction, but he didn't let much slip as he simply sipped his drink and kept eye contact with her.