25. Every Cloud

The sun beamed in on their pale faces as it rose up over the water that surrounded them. Sparkling off the ocean top, the flickering light was first observed by Kate who had been facing the open sea all night. The hammock wasn't as comfortable as they had imagined it to be. Reluctantly, and not without the odd groan from their morning stretches, Tom and Kate sat legs dangling from the string meshing feet dipping into the silk-like sand.

"So then. Today is the day." Tom draped his arm casually around Kate's waist to steady the hammock for a moment.

"Indeed it is... and we should-" Tom tilted his head around so that it was in line with hers and planted a kiss on her lips. Smiling through the display of affection which Tom could feel as he eventually pulled away.

"What was that for?" Her eyes not once leaving his gaze.

"Does there have to always be a reason? You just looked so irresistibly beautiful today."

"And what about every other day?" She smirked as she got to her feet, but had to steady herself as she didn't realize the distance between her and the ground.

"What is it with you and always falling?" He giggled as he himself got up to also nearly topple over.

"Well, who wouldn't fall for you, Mr. Hiddleston." Smirking to herself she left up two steps and was greeted by a sudden punch of realization.

"Fuck, Tom? What time is it by your watch?" She stopped, rotating on the balls of her feet the rest of her remained motionless; eyebrows halfway up her forehead. Tom, who was still standing outside, hands in his pockets averted his gaze from the beauty of the shore to another perceived beauty.

"Calm down love it's only... Fuck we should have been out of here and at the reception half an hour ago."

Grabbing their shoes, clumsily and carelessly sending several papers and objects flying around the room they managed to get ready faster than ever imagined. Ten minutes was all it took them to grab their things and be ready to be made up for the big day. Kate's dress was lilac, with subtle ruffles leading up to a singular strap over her right shoulder. Tom's suit was lamp black equipped with a lilac handkerchief in his top pocket to match.

As they arrived at the venue both Tom and Kate's jaws dropped at the sight that lay before them. Cream drapes covered the wooden pillars which were hip height and peppered the outer part of the setting. It was told to them that the pair was going to be married on the beach and the remained of the remainder of the day was to be held inside the only building big enough to house over 100 people; the hotel.

Wooden chairs also caped in drapes and fancy materials littered the beach only making it look more stunning than ever. "This is... just wow." Tom managed to stutter just as he and Kate were greeted by a little lady who had several clips and hair ties stuck to her apron.

"Come on you two, let's make you look presentable shall we." She smiled and lead them away to a little tent just off from the aisle.

The whole day flew by in the blink of an eye. Lots of greetings, fake smiles, and laughter later they were already sitting down, undoing belts and top buttons as their five-course meals began to sink.

"That... Was incredible." Tom sat back in his chair, slouching as though this would help move the several puddings he had managed to wangle out of the many different waiters and waitresses.

"I told you-you shouldn't have had that third brownie," Kate smirked and poked his stomach making him lurch forward knocking over his fourth glass of Prosecco. "And I think you've had enough of that as well mister." She said as she moved his plate and her glass to the side to prevent history repeating itself.