11. Early Risers and Invitations

The clock chimed two o'clock as Kate started to stir. The traffic outside was still warring away as though mumbling about its own congestion to itself with the occasional horn pips and screeches of brakes. She became more and more awake with every breath and before she knew it it was an impossible task to even attempt to fall back to sleep so went to get up and go to the toilet to freshen herself up a bit. However, as she moved she suddenly remembered her whereabouts. The Elizabethan Paradise. Not wanting to move too much she adjusted herself to feel a strong pair of arms around her waist which were not moving with any great force. Tom.

How could she forget? Realizing her need to pee was suddenly very overpowering, she managed to sit up out of his grasp. Walking to the bathroom was surprisingly easy as there were auto dimmed lights on her stroll. She opened the door slowly and shut it without locking it seeing as though it were only her and him in their room. The first sight to meet her tired eyes was herself peering back at her. God is that what I look like? I still have my makeup on and its all down my face, shit... how had I let myself get this bad? oh... She smiled to herself at the thought of his warm hands on her body. She managed to find a set of make-up wipes in the drawer under the wash basin, allowing her to remove the remnants of the previous night from her rather sorry looking face.

"AH shit!" She yelped as she forgot about her nose incident and rubbed vigorously to rid it of the now brown stained blood. "Fuck," she muttered under her breath as she dried her hands on the bottom of the cotton towel and began to open the door as quietly as she could in order to not wake her boyfriend in the next room. Even though he hadn't actually asked her to be his girlfriend she assumed that's what to refer to him as.

She closed the door shut, making more noise than she bargained for. Cursing herself again she made a beeline for the bed stubbing her toes on several obstacles on her way meaning she may as well have turned all the lights on and had her own singing contest with the amount of noise she was making. "Kate? Is that you love?" came a groggy voice from the bed a few feet away from where she was standing.

"Yeah, sorry honey. I woke up and needed to pee. Sorry, I woke you up." She whispered as she clambered back into bed next to him immediately feeling his warmth on the sheets she pulled over her.

"That's okay, I could think of worst ways of being rudely awoken..." He grasped her hips and began placing kisses on her cheek, leaning down to her shoulder and collarbone. He could feel her relaxing under his every touch. "Oh, by the way, there was something I have been meaning to ask for a while..."

"Yes my lovely favorite person," she giggled as she began to tickle his ribs, breaking his concentration into wrinkles of laughter once more.

"He-Hey ah stop that foolish mortal," He mused as he pinned her arms and wriggling body to the bed with gentle force as to restrict her movement to allow him time to ask his question.

"I realize that we are already at the point where I should have asked this of you months ago, but-"He began, brushing a tiny strand of hair from Kate's eyes, giving her full view of what was towering over the top of her. "Will you do me the highest honor of being my wonderful girlfriend?"

"Well... I don't know about wonderful, but yeah sure why not, I've got nothing better to do." She sniggered as he pulled her into a loving embrace and she happily obliged.

"Tell me a what you're thinking," he said as he breathed out, turning his face to face Kates.

"I wasn't thinking anything in particular."

"Yeah you were, I can literally hear your brain overthinking." He adjusted himself on his pillow so that he was looking straight into her eyes.

"Okay, so I was thinking something. But its not really for the delicate ear."