10. Midnight Romantics

Hey guys!
This is my favourite chapter so far, I loved writing it and I hope you do too!
Let me know what you think! Enjoy x

-thelegalmidget x 

He put his hand firmly on her hip and the other cupping her cheek as her favorite song came on and she had never been happier. It felt like she had found the missing part of her, as though somehow she didn't know she wasn't quite whole until now. What she also learned about Tom that night was the fact that he is such an old romantic. Every five minutes asking if she was okay and fetching her drinks meaning she never had to pay for anything, left her with crippling guilt and a nice warm fuzzy feeling. A mix of emotions I grant you but it was still a wonderful mashup of feelings.

They danced for the remainder of the evening until it was time for everyone to 'hit the town' as it were which really wasn't her style or Tom's either. As the last song finished they gave each other the 'I'm not sure do you want to go out' look, making Kate giggle slightly as she had maybe had one too many glasses of champagne and wasn't quite as steady on her feet as she was at the start of the evening. "Wow steady girl," he laughed as though he were talking to a horse and grabbed a hold of my forearm ensuring that she didn't fall. "You alright?" he whispered in her ear.

"Yeah I think so I'm just too much to drink me thinks," she slurred as he let out a booming laugh.

"Come on, we are getting out of here and going someplace more... private." Her expression was of shock at his last, very forward, statement. "NO no not like that silly I just mean cuddles and the occasional smooch," he winked at her and wrapped his arm around her waist as to steady her wandering self out of the building and into an awaiting taxi. Although it wasn't your average people carrier with a BO ridden cab driver. A black limousine with a leathery interior awaited their arrival with a chauffeur in all black equipped with car keys and a hat to take them onwards and upwards. "Tom this is... this... I-"

Kate slipped on a rough bit of pavement and almost face planted the inside of the limo, causing her button nose to catch on the edge of the seat making one nasty crunch and her dress to rip slightly on impact. "Mother of Mary that hurts," she groaned into the seat as Tom hadn't had time to register what had happened as he was still talking to the driver giving him directions to their next port of call. He twisted his head a moment to check if she had heard what he was saying when he realized what her situation was; drunkenly sprawled on the entrance of the car. "Jesus, are you alright? Talk to me my love?" He turned her over as she giggled historically to reveal her now bloody face which stemmed from her battered nose.

Sitting her upright with her leaning on him for support, the driver put his foot down and sped off to their destination. "Why is it always you hey?" he planted a loving, tender kiss on her forehead and began wiping the blood from her now swollen face. "Hey, you still awake missy?"

"Hmm, my face hurts, does it hurt you too when you look at it? It hurts me when I look at it so it must look as bad as you're making it out," she grasped his hand by the wrist slowly and gently as though he were the most fragile piece of ornate china and put it on her shoulder pulling him around her tiny frame.

"Hey what? It doesn't hurt me at all, okay maybe it hurts to see you like this and maybe it hurts you now because you're such a klutz but... I love how you look. Your eyes; like pools of ocean blue and hair like silk," He ran his free hand through her hair rusting it slightly like a child in its parents caring arms. "And you're a great laugh most of the time, you keep me on my toes and certainly aren't boring or average. I love you with all my heart Kate." He moved his hand from her shoulder and took hold of her hands in his. Her nose had stopped bleeding by this point and Tom had cleaned off most of the blood with his handkerchief. "I love you," he breathed as she was heaved into his arms and placed her slightly sobered up lips onto his.

The ride from the ball to the hotel was surprisingly quicker than expected as they never let go of one another. They tipped the driver and asked him to pick them up at 12 noon tomorrow. Walking up to the hotel Kate realized that the rating on the sign was five stars and had a Michelin restaurant inside the premises. She was either drunker than expected or the impact of the fall had completely knocked her out because this never happened to her. This was her big break, meaning she'd never had the privilege of spending a night in a place like this, let alone with someone just as higher rating as the hotel.

Upon entry, they were greeted by the concierge who took their bags out of the boot and leads them to their room as they had been obviously expecting them for quite some time. The corridors were a mix of gold and silver embellishments with tokens in boxes outside every room on stands made of pure oak wood which also had engraved orchids trailing onto the floor and appeared to look like roots of the tree it had been made from. The carpet was embroidered tapestry material which must have taken a decade or so to even plan out making, thought the two of them as they headed hand in hand towards their room for the night.

"Here we are Mr. and Mrs. Harrington," Kate almost coughed her lungs out when she heard the guy address her as this but Tom quickly lead her into the room taking the bags off him and giving him a rather generous tip for the second time this evening.

Finally catching her breath after her coughing fit she stood in the center of the room in awe of what awaited her slightly blurred eyes. It was like something out of a cathedral. The ceiling was a work of art with cherubs and clouds circling the chandelier in the center.

"Wow, am I glad I sobered up slightly before coming in here. Don't pinch me." Kate whispered to Tom as he put their luggage into the rack by the door of their suit. She headed off to the next room to be greeted by the most wonderful of sights. The king-sized bed made to precision, measured with a ruler to get the exact position of the complimentary chocolates and petals spread across the sheets as though awaiting newlyweds. The Elizabethan interior had her breath caught in her throat as she placed herself adjacent to the bed as she gazed around the room in awe.

"You know you can sit on it, it's kind of what I was made for," He smirked as he brushed the petals on his side onto his hand, moving them onto the floor next to him and kneeling on the bed, moving closer to her holding his hands out.

"Do you trust me?" He whispered in the quietest tone she'd ever thought possible. Without saying a word, she took his hands in hers and climbed onto the bed with him. Laying herself down after a gesture from Tom as he dusted the petals off the bed from underneath where she would be laying. He then straddled over the top of her and placed a tender kiss on her lips. Shortly after the kissing turned into something more suggestive she felt him pull back a bit and tilt his head as he looked at her, like a puppy who knew they'd done wrong.

"What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" he looked a bit tense until she asked him this and his face relaxed a little when she spoke and replied with," No no no, I just ur...."

"You need to relax and not hold back so much lovely. I can feel the cogs warring away in that mysterious mind of yours. I'll ask again, do you trust me?"

"Yes, with my life." she sighed feeling herself relax a little into the

"Roll over."

"What? Tom I-"

"I thought you trusted me?" Nodding her head gently she did as she was asked and rolled onto her front and felt a pair of warm soft hand running up her back to undo the zipper on the back of her dress. He undid her and moved the dress to the bottom of her back. "May I?" he whispered in her ear signaling at her bra strap.

"Yeah go for it love," unclasping her bra was found to be quite a challenge resulting in laughter which filled the room. After moments of fumbling mess, they managed to undo her bra and she resumed her position on the bed. Face down and apprehensive as to what he was about to do. Just as she was about to turn around as enquire about his plans for her she felt his hands on her back moving in circular motions as he massaged her tense knotted back.

"God sweetheart you need to get a massage more often, are you always this tense?" she replied with a groan of pleasure as she nodded off into a deep sleep dreaming only of the soft hands making pathways on her back.