8. Winter Blues

It had been several days since Tom had called or attempted to make any form of contact with Kate since the incident involving leaves and an interesting cafe experience. And she was starting to worry that he wasn't okay. Maybe he's had a fall and, living by himself maybe no ones found him yet. She couldn't help but worry considering he was all she could think about of late, and no contact with the man she loved for more than ten minutes was enough to drive her crazy. She knew she had to leave to go to work in a few hours but the anxious, apprehension about the situation was too much to handle. Jumping into her car she turned the engine on and drove to the studios past the spot where it had all gone tits up yesterday.

The car park was pretty full when she arrived but her regular spot had not yet been nabbed by an unsuspecting, ignorant fool who obviously didn't understand the value of a daily routine. Sitting in the front seat of her car for an extra five minutes seemed wise as she gathered her composure ready to face Tom in the hope he was still alive. Just as she was doing so someone pulled up in the space two spaces down to the left of where she had just parked only moments ago and was met with Tom suited and booted as he gently closed his car door and headed to the front of his car and walked towards his trailer. Kate decided there would be no better opportunity than this to get to speak to him today as they weren't due on set together at the same time at any point; it was now or never.

"Tom!" No reply. Nothing. Not even a slight twitch of his head met her now flustered, upset eyes. What had she done to deserve to be ignored? Or maybe he hadn't heard her? He does like to listen to classical music in the mornings before big scenes to get him prepped for the day ahead. Maybe she just hadn't seen his headphones in his ears as she had been so distracted by him. Deciding to shrug it off, she grabbed her lunch out of the passenger side of the car and locking the car, she headed towards her trailer.

As soon as she headed off to the makeup studios for them to beautify her already pretty perfect face time seemed to fly by and even though she hadn't seen Tom all day she felt surprisingly perky. She walked in the direction of her trailer when she saw something she wished she hadn't seen. Tom standing outside his trailer talking in quite close proximity with a lady whom she hadn't seen before on set. Distraught, Kate quickly unlocked her door and slammed it shut leaving the world and its troubles on the outside of her little haven.

Her head was spinning and she felt physically sick. Why her? Why is it always me? What made him think this was okay? Okay so she didn't actually see him do anything with her but you don't get that close to just a friend, do you? All these questions warring round her worried mind really made her want to cry and never leave the house again but something else was brought to her attention. There was a letter placed on her desk just next to her in-tray. Clearly, someone couldn't be bothered to move an extra step to put it where it should have gone but Kate got up anyway and huffed as she began to examine said letter. It was obviously from Gina as she recognized the handwriting and the familiar smell of her perfume; musky with a hint of elderflower. The rip of the envelope was surprisingly satisfying and Kate placed herself down on her couch as she began to read.

Hi Kate,

I know you've been really busy of late and probably aren't thinking too much about celebrating Christmas due to work overload but I thought it was only polite to invite you too Marvel s annual Christmas do. It is on the 23rd this year so wear something nice and just let your hair down.

All the best,

Gina

P.S. if you're skiving and reading this then get back to work, if not, relax you've earned it.

She was always a funny one but it made her chuckle never the less. But Tom was still on her mind as she packed her things away into her back after waiting long enough for him to be gone and walked at a brisk pace to her car. Locking up her door she turned to walk away when Tom walked straight in front of her cutting her path up. "Hey?" He went to turn his head slightly and his feet jolted but he persisted in walking on ignoring her. What was his problem?

The thing about love is that before you're in it, you don't realize how much it consumes you. That song you listened to the first time you met them? The food you ate on the first date you went on together? Even the streets you walked together hand in hand; things soiled by a love that will never be looked upon the same way again by both people involved. She didn't understand. Maybe he had his earphones in? He did look like he was going for a jog. He did that a lot. It was his escape and maybe he was hers. She wasn't going to get any answers today but that didn't stop her from overthinking until she had concluded her own. He must be mad at her for the whole press incident.

I must talk to Luke. It's the only way I can ever know what is going on. I have to know. He was the only guy who had shown the slightest bit of interest towards her and the more scenes they did together and the less they talked, the more awkward it would be. But how would she get his number?

Sitting down and thinking hard about how to get in touch with him, she remembered something. Tom had had to call him from her phone about a week ago when he had smashed his phone on set, meaning his number would be in her recent numbers. 

A/N:

Hey guys, I know this bit is short but I wanted to give you something to read and I am working this week so won't get around to writing much so this is a filler chapter really x

Hope you like it if you are enjoying it so far then vote and comment and share it and all that jazz 

-thelegalmidget