3. Sexy Stranger

The next week had flown by and after meeting Tom every evening to discuss the script she had never felt more confident. As the next morning rolled on by, she was naturally a little apprehensive. She was a tight bundle of stress and excitement as she made her way into work, keen for her first day on set to unfold.   

The excitement, however, was almost instantly diminished. Upon arrival, she was ushered into a room which consisted of a coffee machine, desk, and seating placed at opposing ends of the room.

She had been informed that she needed to take a seat and await her boss in order to receive the relevant information before starting work on set. Her boss, who was better known to the rest of the acting cast as Gina, made her wish that Tom hadn't mentioned her at all. It was a couple of weeks into their rehearsals that he had name-dropped her, saying that she was 'like a fierce force of nature that holds together the fabric of the Marvel site, who has quite a sternness to her dialogue'.

The fear of the unknown was making her feel very on edge. However, the time she had on her hands right now gave her the opportunity to collect herself as she had to make a good impression, even if she had already, very briefly, met her on the day of her interview. But having started a new job she felt as though she had already seen so many faces, it was going to be near on impossible putting a name to a face after all that.

Just as she was about to lose her cool, she heard the door behind her click as it swung open revealing a rather stocky lady of medium height, wearing a lime green and rather garish colored knee length dress. She wasn't the smallest of women, but Kate wasn't going to be judgmental on appearance as this was the last thing she wanted someone to do for herself. 

"You must be Kate Evans? Pleased to meet you, I'm Gina." She shook her outstretched hand as Kate got to her feet to greet her.

"Its a pleasure to meet you too Gina." Sitting back down as gestured by Gina, she was handed a booklet.

"This is the go-to guide, it contains all the health and safety namby-pamby nonsense which we all have to have read and signed. I'll be letting you know what you'll be doing on what day. I'm like your PA but I boss YOU around instead. Got everything so far?" She was quite a character. Stern and fierce but Kate could sense a hard outer but a softer core that was buried deep down. Just as Tom had said. It was something that she obviously didn't show very often though, as throughout their meeting Gina had rather forcefully handed her the first week's timetable which consisted of filming mostly fighting scenes; with no mention of the kissing scene anywhere.

She felt herself relax a little after that as the rest of the day was filled with more tedious necessities. Five extra meetings had been scheduled and before she knew it, she had counted all three thousand bricks on all four walls in the conference rooms she'd ended up in. She went to grab her phone from her pocket as it vibrated but was told quickly that electrical devices were strictly prohibited in the conference centers. Huffing and blushing, she cast her phone aside and grabbed a pen and threw herself into the meeting; hoping time might go faster if she actually paid attention. She was usually rather attentive but it seemed that her previous adrenaline rush had been halted by the boring nature of meetings, making her rather weary.

It was around three o'clock when she was finally released from her duties, allowing her to relax for a while. This sense of relief wouldn't last long as she was told sternly by Gina that she was expected back on set by seven. Feeling as though she would be better off at school by the way she was being treated, she practically ran back to her trailer. Why is the management in film so assertively stern? She ensured that the front door was locked firm, stopping passers-by from intruding. She knew she needed to spend these few hours on her own to collect herself and reboot.