thirty one : past

Start from the beginning

"Well, I kept a low profile back then and only spent time with Rebekah."

My hand which was reaching for another slice of pizza stopped midair. "Rebekah Saltzman?"

He gave me a nod. "You know her?"

"She's my junior. She went with us on that trip but spent most of her time making out with—" I paused as the realization hit me.

"—me. Making out with me. Yep, I'm that devil who lured the innocent young girls," he continued my sentence and ended with a smirk.

My eyes widened. "How did you know what I said to Mey?!" I continued to stare at him in horror. 'A devil who likes to lure innocent young girls' was exactly the words I'd used to describe him but I remembered when I'd said that to Mey, we were alone. Or so had I thought we were.

"I was sleeping in that storage room when you had that talk with your friend."

"Sleeping?" I made a face. "Eww! Don't tell me you were with Rebekah too."

He laughed. The devil laughed without shame. I couldn't believe my own eyes. "No," he said once he calmed down. "I was sleeping alone."

"Why didn't you sleep in your room?" I would've imagined it was fairly uncomfortable to sleep in the storage room. I doubted they even had a bed there.

"The receptionist girl came to my room and went on the pull. I barely managed to escape her." For someone who could be considered a player, he didn't act like one.

"Didn't you flirt with her the whole time you weren't with Rebekah?"

Under the moonlight and the dimmed street light behind us, I could see his cheek reddened. "I wasn't going for the kill."

I laughed. "Then why did you flirt in the first place? Aren't boys flirting so they could get laid?"

"Not all boys." He made an annoyed grunt, just like any male would react upon hearing this. "I flirt with you cos I like seeing you blush and cos we're friends, this won't have any effect on either of us." I would beg to differ since these last few days his flirtatious comments had made me feel nervous.

I cleared my throat. "Okay, then why did you flirt with Regina?"

"Who?"

I rolled my eyes. "The receptionist."

"You remember the receptionist's name and not mine?" Frazier asked, one dark eyebrow raised in disbelief.

"Like you've said," I shrugged as I continued, "you spent most times locking lips with Rebekah, I hardly knew you existed throughout the whole trip."

"Unbelievable," he mused.

It wasn't that hard to believe. "So, why did you?"

Frazier let out a huge sigh, then looked me in the eye. "I was trying to make someone jealous."

"Who?" I leaned forward as this story just got more interesting. I disliked being involved in a drama but I loved listening to it. "Rebekah?"

He shook his head. "You."

"What?" I was confused. He tended to confuse me a lot. "Me?!"

"Yep." He grabbed his cup and downed his drink in one go. "Believe it or not, I had a crush on you." He took one strawberry and held it a few inches from my mouth. "Strawberry?"

My hand went to grab it but he moves his hand away quickly. "Nah, just take a bite."

I was too perplexed by the new information that I found myself doing exactly as he said. He ate the remaining half and smiled. One charming smile that didn't look like Luke Hemmings' or Harry Styles's' or Shawn Mendes'.