His dark grey eyes looked at me through the deeper shadow of the car. "Don't mention it."

I pushed the door close and walked up the stairs to the front door of the hotel. I went inside, turned left, and hid behind the huge tree as I watched his car enter the traffic and drove away. I let out a huge sigh and walked out of the hotel, ignoring the weird look the doorman had on his face. He probably thought I was a disturbed teenager.

I started to walk towards my building. The night air was chilly so I hugged myself and walked faster. I couldn't wait to snuggle up in my bed under the duvet and get some sleep. I had no idea what was the time now but I figured it must be somewhere around four in the morning.

Ty must be worried. I hoped he didn't call my dad or Steven, I'd be in trouble if he did. I pushed the button and the empty elevator opened. I stepped inside and pressed twelve. The back wall was mirrored, I turned and looked at my reflection. I pulled the band out of my ponytail and scratched my scalp as the elevator moved upwards. It had been a long exhausting day, and I was damn tired. I couldn't tell if the slight headache I was having now came from the alcohol or the ponytail or both.

I watched the door closing behind me but then it was opened once again. What the hell?! I turned around and almost plowed headfirst into a broad chest covered in a dark blue shirt and black coat. I lifted my gaze up until my eyes met his. A playful smirk was on his lips. "I knew you didn't live in the hotel."

"So you decided to pull up your creepy front and stalk me?" I put both hands on my waist and watched him press the button to close the elevator door.

He leaned against the wall next to the panel and smiled. "I wasn't stalking. I just want to prove my theory."

I rolled my eyes. He was nice during the drive here, we even managed to have a discussion about TVD and all the sink and sailed ships but now he turned into his earlier self. "You could stop once you saw me enter the building. You didn't have to get all the way in."

"My father always said that if I send a girl home, I shouldn't leave until I make sure she's inside and safe." He rested his head against the wall and looked up at the ceiling.

That was actually a good lesson, his dad seemed to be a gentleman. But the fact that I just knew him today and now he followed me into my building was still creepy. The elevator dinged and the door slid open. "I don't need you to walk me to my unit." I stepped outside, expecting him to head downstairs and leave.

"I'm a nice guy," answered him as he walked beside me.

I laughed without humor and glanced up at him out of the corners of my eyes. "If you believe that, you're delusional. Maybe that huge head of yours really has nothing inside." I stopped at my door and reached into my pocket. I pulled out my keys and returned my gaze back to him. "You're not nice."

His lips turned into an arrogant smirk. "Some girls think I'm really nice."

I rolled my eyes at his continual display of asshattery. "Some girls don't know what they're talking about. From having to bear your presence for," I paused and counted using my fingers. "Five hours, there are lots of words I'd use to describe you." I shook my head and tapped his chest with one of the keys. "Nice isn't one of them."

He raised his hand and flattened my palm against his chest. "What is?"

The warmth of his touch curled my fingers against the hard muscles of his chest. He stood so close that I caught the scent of cologne on his heated skin. "What is what?"

"How would you describe me, Temptress?" He stared down at me through his hooded eyes. It was hard for me to break eye contact and look the other way.

"First of all, I'm not a temptress. Stop calling me that." I tried to pull my hand back but his grasp tightened. "The first word that came to mind was probably ass."