Birthday Special

A/n: as the title suggests, it is indeed my birthday! (January 28th) I really wanted to update something, anything on this book so here I am!

Hope you guys enjoy!

***********************************

"Cutie, wake up." The raspy morning voice of Bokuto wakes you up. "I made you breakfast."

You finally sit up. "What's the occasion?"

"Your birthday, you're so cute." He places the tray on your lap. Bokuto quickly gives you a peck with catches you off guard.

"Kouta.." You feel your cheeks heat up. "Arigato. I love you."

"I love you more (y/n). You deserve the world."

You place the tray aside and you pull him back down. He immediately wraps his arms around you and pulls you in to cuddle.

"The breakfast's going to get cold. We have so much more time to celebrate later." He whines.

"Why'd I ever fall in love with you?" You tease.

"I'm the best, hey hey hey!" Bokuto flips his bi-coloured hair. "I'm going to head off now, got some things planned for later. Leave the dishes in the sink I'll get that. Love you." With one more quick peck, he runs off into the hall.

"Love you too." You sigh a little, wishing that he would stay and watch you eat.

***********************************

"It has to be perfect Akaashi!" Bokuto directs your best friend around.

"Bokuto-kun, can't you say I'm trying? The banner just won't stay up!" Kashi groans in slight annoyance but willingly continues fixing the banner.

"Oi Tobio, help me out." Kuroo gestures for the raven to come over. "This box is killing my waist."

"What 5 years can do to you." Kags retorts, earning a smack on the back. "I didn't mean it!"

"Hahaha Tobio-chan, you're such a loser. Baka, baka." Oikawa sticks his tongue out.

"If you went to Shiratorizawa, you may have learned to wise up." Ushijima reminds the great king.

"Oh stop, I served Aoba-Johsai well. That was so long ago, can't you just move on?"

The boys were setting up the gym for your birthday party at night. Hanging up banners, ribbons, lights, balloons, and decorating with all your favourite colours. Bokuto wanted to surprise you very badly. Their bickering seemed to get in the way.

"Hoot, shouldn't you go back to check on her? She's going to start wondering what your present to her is. How are you going to cover this up?" Kuroo whistles, sweating from the boxes filled with decorations.

"She'll be fine. Let's just finish up."

***********************************

"Where is this boy?" You angrily stand up. Grabbing your phone you dial in his number. No one picks up. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" You slam the phone onto your bed.

It's been 3 hours. You cooked yourself lunch and you have been watching tv the whole time. Waiting for your boyfriend to come back, like he said he would.

"Whatever he's got planned I'm not in the mood anymore, worst birthday ever." The warmth of your blanket fills you, but suddenly a note slips through the door. You pick it up, it reads:

Our first date, the bench we sat on in the park, someone will be there waiting for you. Dress comfortably.

-B.K.

You laugh, his initials could very well be Baka. Putting on simple attire, you head out to the park.

***********************************

Once there, you see your brother, awkwardly holding a rose and a gift.

"Kags! What are you doing here?" You hug him, and he tries to squirm out.

"Please put on this gift and keep this rose. Arigato." He bows and hands the things over to you.

Inside, a dress with black heels are nearly packed. Another note falls out.

Congratulations cutie! You found your brother! Now continue on to the first place we got ice cream at together! You will find Kashi.

-B.K.

What has he got planned?

"Are you serious, I have to walk in heels?"

"No, I'm here to drive you. Let's go." Your brother walks off towards the parking lot.

"You're the best I love you to piecesss!"

***********************************

Your afternoon continues on. Finding your friends, getting presents, receiving clues. Visiting all the spots that made you fall in love with the owl, you can't help but feel happy. Finally you reach the gymnasium of your former university. You push open the doors, it's pitch black inside.

"1..2..3.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" The gym lights up and everyone jumps out. People you have gotten to know well over the years are crowded around you. Everyone except Bokuto.

The gym lights go off again, only leaving the candles flickering. Akaashi quickly runs over the the piano, holy shit the piano, how'd they get that in the gym. Kashi begins playing a beautiful melody, and Bokuto walks in behind you.

"Kageyama (y/n), we've been together technically since the training camp. That one year we were apart, ripped me to shreds. I can't live without you. Your smile, your hair, your laugh in the morning when I tickle you. The way you cower when we watch scary movies, the way you threaten to kick me. I love everything about you. I love you. We've had our ups and downs, we've argued, had sleepless nights apart. I still loved you through those tough patches. I will never stop loving you. That night I confessed, those nights you came over from Miyagi just to see me. I'm so thankful for you. Thank god he gave me such a beautiful angel to take care of. It's your birthday, I wanted to give you the ultimate gift. With the help of our loved ones and friends, I was able to set up tonight perfectly. Now I just have one last thing to do." Bokuto takes a few steps forward, and from behind his back he pulls out a volleyball. "Will you hit one of my tosses?"

Lame, real lame. You for sure thought he was going to propose. "I don't see why not, but in heels and a dress?"

"You don't have to jump." He tosses the ball up in the hair and you smack it down hard. The ball cracks open. Revealing a box.

Bokuto picks up the box and kneels before you.

The crowd gasps, you tear up.

"Please make the happiest man alive, please continue loving me. I know I'm needy. Will you marry me?"

"Of course." He slips the ring on your finger and lifts you up to spin you.

"I love you."

"I love the needy you."

The night continues on, everything perfect.

***********************************

A/n: there you have it! My first special. Hope you guys enjoyed it and sumimasen for grammatical and spelling errors, will edit it when I have time!