11

With the decorations set up, the food prepped, the Christmas party can now officially begin.

Everyone's sitting in a circle, peppering (volleyball term) the ball back and forth.

"Whoever drops first, has to answer a truth or dare question." Sugamama yells.

Suddenly, Daichi spikes the ball at the ground in front of you. You don't manage to dig it up. "Playing dirty hm? I see how it is Daichi." He smirks back at you.

"Truth or dare (y/n)?" Daichi's mouth curves into a mischievious smile.

"Dare."

Daichi starts consulting advice from everyone on what to dare you. Finally, he turns back towards you. "I dare you to.. " he leans in. "To not text, facetime, or contact Bokuto online at all, today and tomorrow."

Everyone cheers and hollers.

"I promised him I would though," you pout.

"Well if you aren't able to do the dare, I'm not allowing you to go to the next training camp." Coach Ukai adds from the kitchen.

"COACH!"

"Sorry, can't let our manager be too involved with a school we may play if we make nationals."

"Phone please," Daichi holds his hand out. You give him your phone reluctantly.

"Let's continue!" Asahi sets the ball to Hinata, and a new round begins.

***********************************

"(y/n) hasn't returned any of my calls, messages, or snaps.. Do you think something's happened to her?" Bokuto sulks in his little corner of worry.

"You've got to be kidding me. You worry about the well being of a black-belt? You really are a simpleton." Kuroo shoves Bokuto lightly.

"I made gingerbread cookies." Akaashi walks in with a tray of goodies, causing Kuroo and Bokuto to squeal (in a manly matter).

The 3 settle onto the couch, snacking and talking about life, when Kuroo suddenly brings up a serious topic.

"What are you 2 going to do after graduating? I mean the Spring Tournament will be our last high school volleyball tournament."

"I'll probably attend university, rent out a apartment somewhere with you two, possibly play volleyball for the rest of my life." Akaashi says, a hint of excitement in his tone.

"Well, I plan on earning myself a volleyball scholarship, and live happily with the two of you."

"Bokuto, what about (y/n)?"

"I want her to be in my future, I just don't know how to put her into the equation yet."

"You honestly only have until graduation to figure this out, so you better start thinking about it now."

"I'll figure it out, anyways, what are your plans Kuroo?"

"Somewhat the same as Akaashi's, but I'm honestly just looking for the right girl. One day, I'll settle down." Kuroo sighs, dreaming about his future.

Akaashi and Kuroo reminisce about their high school lives in the silence, but Bokuto's mind can't seem to stop thinking about you. He couldn't bear to lose you. Ever.

***********************************

Laughter fills even the loneliest corners in the house, all of you seem to be having the time of your lives, bathing in the joy of the holiday season. The team's sprawled out across the room, watching the TV screen contently. Bellies full, hot chocolate in hand, presents underneath the Christmas tree for everyone to open. You breathe in the aroma of Christmas, allowing it to soak into your heart.

"What time is it?" Kags asks, rubbing his eyes.

"Almost midnight, does Cinderella need her beauty sleep?" You tease.

"Oh shut up, I'm just tired alright. I'm calling it a night, see you later."

"Night, I love you."

"I love you too, now go back and enjoy the movie."

You return, plopping yourself beside Sugamama, resting your head on his shoulder.

"Is my daughter tired?" He laughs.

"Only a little, can we finish up the movie then sleep?"

"Last movie before sleeping!" Suga announces to the terribly tired Karasuno team.

"I'm going to miss you, Daichi, and Asahi when you graduate."

"Hey we still have until the end of the Spring Tournament, don't be sad."

"Without you guys around, I'm scared the bullies will be back." You stammer, remembering your first-year at Karasuno.

"That was a year ago, they won't bother you anymore, I promise." Suga smiles warmly.

***********************************

Once cleanup has ended, everyone returns to their rooms. Another memorable holiday well spent.

Once you return to your room, you find Kiyoko and Yachi dozing off. Smiling you shut the lights, and you too, drift off into the darkness.

***********************************

"Time to hit the hay?" Bokuto yawns.

"Let's call it a night, see you in the early morning Hoot."

The 3 separate into their rooms.

"I can't wait to see you again." Bokuto whispers to himself clutching his necklace in his hand.

***********************************

Christmas morning, you look at the clock. 10am?!? You throw on your robe and you run out into the living room, finding no one there. You make a cup of hot chocolate, and cupping it tightly you step onto the porch.

Your breaths are visible in the cold temperature, you see someone else's breaths float past your eyes. You turn, breaths quickening.

Bokuto stands at the other end. His breath puffs out in a small white cloud.

Your breath stops.