7

Sitting on the bench, enjoying some friendly volleyball matches, life can't get any better than this, or can it?

It's currently December 23rd, the second last day of the camp, and 2 days before Christmas. Nothing special happened yesterday, the first day of the tournament had gone the same as all the previous training camps. The only difference? Karasuno has improved tremendously, picking up new skills here and there. An odd team for sure, but strong.

You look at the schedule. Great, the last match of the day is Karasuno against Fukurodani Academy, Owl's school. For now, you focus on your first match, against Nekoma. You wave to Kuroo and Kenma, they wave back, even giving you a smile. Warmup had just begun, but you couldn't wait to socialize some more.

"Sis, could you pass me my water?"

You don't reply, across the gym, you see Bokuto make a kill. The power, the accuracy, the timing, that vertical. You're speechless and completely zoned out.

"NEVERMIND. You look a little busy watching someone."

"I WAS JUST APPRECIATING POWER VOLLEYBALL. HERE." You shove his water bottle into his chest angrily as you walk away.

"She was definitely staring, does that anger you king?" Tsuki laughs coldly, trying to piss Kags before the match begins.

"Don't call me that."

Tsuki looks smug as Kags walks away.

"Do you have to do that to him every single time?" Yamaguchi asked.

"He plays better when agitated, he tries riskier tosses instead of playing it safe."

"You care about him?"

"What? No! How lame of you for asking."

Yamaguchi snickers, he obviously called out Tsuki for something he wasn't ready to admit.

The game proceeds, every set closer than the last, sadly, Karasuno loses the final set, 17-15.

"Great effort boys, go line up!" Coach Ukai yells.

"Round of diving drills, begin!" Daichi commands the team. They've probably done more than 100 diving drills since the first training camp. Even Hinata's dives were looking so much better.

***********************************
The first round of games end, and there's a 15 minute nutrition break.

"You ready for today Hoot?" Kuroo approaches Bokuto. "When are you going to ask?"

"I've been contemplating on 2 options, either I ask her in front of everyone before the first match of the last game, or, I ask her in private."

"You might chicken out so best to do in private, don't you think?"

"You're right Kubro, thanks for the advice."

"You're welcome, but we're still beating you next match. I'll stop those kills of yours, with my read-blocks."

"Ohoho, we'll see about that. Loser buys winner lunch one day."

"You're going down."

***********************************
Fukurodani narrowly manages to beat Nekoma, meaning Kuroo owes Bokuto lunch. The 3rd round of matches have just ended, the last match is about to begin.

Bokuto fiddles his fingers, he's in a nervous wreck.

"What happened to my usually calm and obnoxious captain?" Akaashi sits next to him.

"I'm going to chicken out, should I just ask her in private?"

"You always have tomorrow."

"AKAASHI THAT DOESN'T HELP"

"Don't do it before the game, you'll make her feel obliged to say yes because of how many people are watching."

Akaashi leaves to warmup, leaving Owl Head to make up his mind.

Before the whistle blows to start the match, Bokuto calls out your name.

"Yes, Bokuto?" Could this be him asking me out, you think.

"I'm going to beat your school, and..."

"And?"

"YOU OWE ME ANOTHER SLEEPOVER IF WE DO."

Bokuto chickened out. No, he wasn't ready. His father's words ring in his ears, he wasn't ready when you were ready.

The match passes by, Karasuno has won, 23-21 in the final set. The boys cheer loudly, you rush to hug them. Kiyoko-san smiles, causing Takeda and Noya to go crazy, those simpletons.

You leave the court, heading to the dining hall, to set up for dinner.

***********************************
Tonight, is the last night of the Winter Training Camp. To celebrate the holidays, the coaches have asked to hold a formal dinner.

You rush to change into your dress, a stunning off the shoulder red dress, that reaches the floor. It has a cut slit, reaching up to your thigh, and a low v-neck, the dress compliments your body in every way possible. Your hair's curled, makeup's done, accessories on, and you walk out.

Yachi is in something slightly more modest, a simple strapless off-white cocktail dress, with a poofy glittery skirt that reaches up to her knees. Her blonde hair straightened and down, she's really a sight for sore eyes.

Kiyoko, decided to go with a floral ensemble, with black heels and her hair and makeup done to perfection. You couldn't expect less from a third-year manager. The Karasuno boys are for sure going to pass out when they see her.

The managers walk in one-by-one, with the 3 of you ending the parade. The boys holler and drool, the coaches and sensei's look away.

You walk in with Yachi and Kiyoko, leaving the whole dining room silent. The beauty, elegance, and how damn hot you guys look in general, leaves everyone speechless. You swear some boys are bleeding from their noses like in the anime, they gulp their spit trying not to drool.

The tables have been mixed up, you somehow ended up seated at the same table as the captains. Bokuto looks like he's about to faint,  and even Daichi's trying hard to maintain self-composure.

The dinner goes by smoothly, all the managers complimenting you and the other Karasuno managers, and everyone else in complete awe. Kags is embarrassed and quite mad that everyone was staring at you, but you ignore him when he tells you to cover up.

You walk into the hall, returning to your room. Kiyoko and Yachi still in the dining hall, chatting with friends.

"(y/n)."

Bokuto's behind you, looking sharp in his suit.

"Yes?"

Something's different about this atmosphere.

"I know who you like."

"Sure you do."

"I do, he's a third-year and a captain. I've narrowed down the possibilities."

Bokuto advances, stopping a foot in front of you.

"Y-you have?"

"Not Kuroo, not Daichi, not the other 2 irrelevant captains."

He closes the gap between you and him. He's close enough to the point you can smell his peppermint breath without even moving. You step backwards, and soon you've reached the wall. He pins one arm on the wall, and takes your hand with his other.

Butterflies swarm inside you.

"If it's not me, say so now, you have 5 seconds."

You wonder if this really what you want.

"5.."

His eyes gleam with passion and a desire to love.

"4.."

Long-distance relationship? How will you make that work.

"3.."

You feel uneasy, about to pass out.

"2.."

You close your eyes.

"1.."

Butterflies.