18

A/n: I time-skipped to Bokuto's first game on the national team cause I'm lazy sorry

*********************************** 

You arrive at the gymnasium's huge metal door. It looks more like a prison, you think to yourself.

"Ohoho! (y/n)-chan, here to watch your brother and boyfriend?" You hear a cat meow from behind.

"Hey Kuroo-kun, you know I can't miss the first game. Let's go the game's already started, we're late." You grab his wrist, and you drag him inside.

***********************************
The match goes extremely well, Japan victorious over the team from overseas. You grab your things and you head down to the court to meet up with Bokuto and Kags.

"(y/n), did you see my sets today?" Kags asks while scratching his head.

"You were amazing Tobio, I'm so proud to call you my brother. Have you seen Kouta?"

"Yeah your boyfriend is talking with our manager in the hall. I'll wait here for you so we can go home."

"Thanks little bro, I love you." You pull Kags into a hug, and he hugs back.

Rushing out of the gym into the hall, you find Bokuto... kissing a girl?

A girl, not just any girl, the national youth team's manager.

Bokuto catches you in the corner of his eye, and he releases himself from the kiss. "B-babe? It's n-not what it l-looks like. I can explain." He stumbles over his words, obviously shocked at his own actions.

You don't even reply, as you run back into the gym. You don't even cry as you calmly ask Kags if you can leave. It is not until you reach your bed, that you let all the tears rush out. Baka Bokuto.

***********************************
Bokuto pulls out his phone and dials in a number. "Please pick up, please pick up.."

"Kuroo speaking, what's up Hoot?"

"I broke a heart."

"Hold on. Did you? No you couldn't have. Did you hurt (y/n)?"

"Yes."

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO HER?!?! WHAT DID YOU EVEN DO YOU ASSHOLE!"

"The manager kissed me out of nowhere, and (y/n) saw me. I should've pulled away, but I didn't. I don't know why I didn't, I'm such an idiot."

"I can't believe you. What are you going to do now? Apologize? She's a black belt, she'll whoop your ass."

"Do I have a choice about what I can do? Kags is going to kill me, she is going to kill me, hell I think even you are going to kill me!!"

"Look I can't believe you right now, make it right soon." Kuroo says before hanging up.

Bokuto stares blankly at his dark phone screen, wondering if he should text you or not, if he should even call. Can he really make it right?

***********************************
You've been sulking at home for many days, even ignoring your brother. Skipping many meals, you've become quite weak. You are fading, becoming lifeless by the hour.

"I'm coming in. We're going to talk about what's up." Kags barges into your room door without warning. "Did you eat today?"

"Yes."

"Are you ok?"

"Yes."

"Are you really ok?"

"No." You sob into his shoulder, and he embraces you in a hug.

"What happened that day?"

"Bokuto was kissing your manager."

"He what?"

"You heard me."

"That son of a- I'm going to kill him."

"Don't. Your team doesn't need more problems to face. It'll only bring your team down. Go on, live your dream."

"But I can't keep seeing you hurt like this, it hurts me. Please try to forget about him. It's for the better."

"I will. I'll be fine, now go or you'll be late for practice."

"Call me if anything happens."

"I will."

With that, your brother hops on the car to drive to practice. You watch as his car turns onto the main road and disappears. Trying to maintain a steady outlook sure is taking its toll on you. You fall back on your bed, and you let the day drift away.

***********************************
Checking your phone once you wake, you find many notifications from Bokuto, but you ignore them all.

"Move on." Ushijima pats Bokuto on the back. "She's through with you."

"That's not very supportive Ushijima-chan~ I'm sure Bokuto will be fine." Oikawa pipes in.

"She's better off without me, I'll just have to move on as well. I'm sure she's already have." Bokuto slams his fist on the wall in frustration, anger, and an overwhelming feeling of regret.

"Don't say that. You made a choice, she made a choice. Now you'll just have to live with that choice." Once again, the unaware how hurtful his language is, Ushijima adds to worsen the owl's mood.

"Don't talk to me." Bokuto covers his face with his hands.

"Thanks for bringing back his emo mode." Oikawa sarcastically groans.

"She doesn't love me anymore." Bokuto sobs.

"You've just hurt her deeply. What are you going to do about that necklace you gave her? It's a couple's charm you know. And since you aren't-"

"Ushijima shut up." Oikawa glares at the left-handed ace.

"WAHHHHHHHHHH!" Bokuto continues his sobs while Oikawa and Ushijima pat him on the back.

"Ushijima-chan look what you've done now. You made our owl cry."

"Sumimasen." Ushijima looks ready to bolt.

"SUMIMASEN WON'T FIX THE FACT THAT (y/n) DOESN'T LOVE ME ANYMORE." Bokuto cries even louder.

"Bokuto shut up dumbass. My sister isn't going to take you back so forget about her and get back to practice." Kags throws the volleyball at Bokuto and it rebounds off his head.

"Tobio-chan~ that's not nice." Oikawa looks at his raven-haired junior and sighs. "Looks like we'll just have to live with emo Bokuto forever."

"WAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Bokuto sobs once again.

***********************************
A/n: Sorry for not posting, Christmas and New Year's got me very very busy!!!

Sumimasen :(