21

Day 1

"I can't believe you gave him another chance. Like I'm friends with both of you and all, but what he did was shitty. He doesn't deserve you anymore (y/n)." Akaashi drops you off at your morning class.

"It's only for a week. I already know my answer is no. I've moved on already." You assure him. "Maybe being friends with Bokuto isn't so bad."

"He doesn't see you as just a friend. You'll always be special to him." His voice stern, reminding you of the truth.

"I'll get through it Kashi. Now you'll be late to class, get a move on!"

"See you later (n/n)." He waves as he walks off.

"See you!" You walk into your (favourite subject) class. Your head filled with thoughts about what might happen this week. How will Bokuto make you fall in love with him again?

***********************************
Bokuto Koutarou: 3pm library, study room 4.

Cutie: smh fine, it better be worth my time -.-

Bokuto Koutarou: it will be ;)

"I'm nervous, what if she doesn't like it?" He says staring at the room he and his buds decorated just for you.

"How can she not love it? If I were your ex I'd run straight back into your arms." Kuroo grins.

"Thanks Kubro, I appreciate that."

"You're really trying this week aren't ya." Kuroo chuckles softly at his owl buddy.

"Wouldn't you?"

"I don't know, I haven't been that desperate to get back with an ex."

"She's not just an ex! She's going to get back with me!" Bokuto whines.

"Oya oya, my bad."

***********************************
"Kashi what's the time right now?" You're seated next to your best friend, leaning on him.

Akaashi checks his watch. "2:55pm. Missing something important?"

"Crappykawa. I have to get to the campus library!"

"You don't read books though."

"Shut up! I have to meet Bokuto there. He has a week, I can't just ignore him."

"I'm bringing my camera and sketchbook."

***********************************
A/n: I love the idea that Akaashi is an artist.

***********************************
"Fine, but you have to let me look through both of them!"

"Deal, now let's go already." He grabs your arm and drags you down the hall.

"Eager are we?" You laugh.

***********************************
Breathe, Bokuto looks at himself in the reflection of his phone. She'll love it, he convinces himself.

A knock comes from the door.

"She's here. Hoot, you got this." Kuroo smacks him on the back. "Go get her."

"Uh, hey." Bokuto opens the door a slight crack. "You have to close your eyes. Akaashi you help her in."

"Ok?" You shut your eyes tight, and you feel Akaashi slowly pushing on your back to get you to move forward.

"3...2...1... OPEN YOUR EYES!" Bokuto exclaims.

You turn a 360 in the small study room. Photos and memories from when you were still with Bokuto are hanging on the wall. You move closer to get a better view of the photos and drawings? There is one drawing where Bokuto is piggybacking you. "Akaashi did you draw this?"

"A long time ago, yes."

You hold back tears. "It's beautiful, thank you."

Continuing your walk around, you find every photo of every monthly anniversary, holidays, and just some photos you took together while on dates. Ok, you just admit, this was the most thoughtful thing anyone's ever done for you. Gasping, you see a rather familiar photo. "Is this from that night you confessed to me?" You pick it up, smiling.

"I can't ever forget how amazingly incredible that red dress was on you." Bokuto sighs, he really wished you felt the same way right now.

"What's in that box?" You point over at the wrapped gift.

"Open it."

Tearing away the double layered wrapping paper, you find a small box inside. You pull out a necklace, not just any necklace, the necklace that had once accompanied you everywhere you went since the night Bokuto confessed. The necklace you gave back to him a day after you had caught him with the manager. Boy this owl knew how to pull at your heartstrings.

"By the end of this week, I want that necklace around your neck again."

"We'll see about that." You smirk.

Meanwhile, Kuroo and Akaashi were both internally screaming but gave each other a firm nod in understanding of the other's feelings.

Akaashi snapped a picture of the two of you holding the box together. "Another one for the memory books."

"I hate to admit it, but our owl has got more game than me." Kuroo shakes his head, chuckling softly. "He really knows how to get what he wants."

"A very smart simpleton indeed." Akaashi agrees.

***********************************
"What did you think of the surprise?" Akaashi asks as the two of you leave the library.

"Honestly, I loved it. It was very thoughtful and cute. Almost makes me want to forgive him."

"It wasn't good enough for forgiveness? You are very cold-hearted." Akaashi sighs. "What are you going to do about the necklace? Once you wear it, he'll know you've forgiven him."

"I almost forgot about that. I mean it's only the first day out of the week. I'll know my answer soon. I didn't realize you cared about him so much."

"You don't know many things about me."

"Stop trying to act mysterious! I know so many things about you, and if you want me to tell everyone your secrets, I'll be happy to help."

"Tsk, you're a tough cookie, loosen up buttercup."

"Don't try to act cute now. I can't stand it." You scrunch your nose up.

"But you can stand it from Bokuto?" He teases.

"Oi, shut up will you." You swing your elbow back, causing Akaashi to wheeze.

"I got you there, control your strength black-belt." He grips the area where your elbow had connected with him.

"Control your mouth and maybe I will."