20

"Can you please go to bed? You need sleep, ok?" Kuroo grabs the book out of emo Bokuto's hand. "I don't understand, you decide to show up at the party, miraculously run into your ex, and you leave cause she leaves? Please, please, you need this rest."

"I'll try to sleep, I promise you that." Bokuto immediately pulls his covers over himself, and flicks the light switch.

"I'm not just going to let you keep dying here. Look, I know you'll get her back eventually. Good night Hoot."

"Night Kubro, thank you." Bokuto replied, looking at the photo of the two of you on his nightstand. A smile on both your faces, it was a photo taken on the day of your 6 month anniversary. It crushed the owl to remember how happy he once made you. Bokuto pulls out his phone, and starts typing furiously.

***********************************

"Delivery for Kageyama (y/n)? Is there a Kageyama (y/n) here?" A delivery man is holding a bouquet of flowers in your afternoon bio class. Your professor looks very angry.

"H-here.." You put up your hand. When he places the (fav flower)s in your arms, you ask, "Who are these from?"

"The buyer has chosen to be anonymous. He has also asked you to meet him at the usual restaurant at 6pm and dress nice."

"Arigato! Um sorry professor for disturbing class." You bow, and he returns a nod. This is so embarrassing, who would get you these flowers? No one knows what flowers you like, except, Bokuto? No he wouldn't disrupt the class like that, he knows better.

"(y/n), Bokuto definitely sent those flowers." Akaashi points at the card strung on the ribbon. "That's his handwriting."

"Kashi, I'm not going to the date."

"Yes you are. I'll send you there, pick you up at 5:45 sharp." He picks up his books and exits the class. He's been hurting too much, he thinks.

".." you don't even get to reply.

***********************************
5:45pm.

You wait outside for your best friend to show up.

"(y/n)! Over here." He pulls up in his jet black sports car, damn does he look hot when driving it.

"Nice car, you never told me you had a car."

"Parents got it for me last week, c'mon or you'll be late." He steps on the gas pedal and puts the radio on.

Once you arrive, you step up to the front desk and you ask, "Reservation for anonymous +1?"

"Right this way ma'am." The waiter shows you to a reserved table in the VIP section that has the perfect view of Tokyo city down below.

Seated at the table, is a very nervous looking Owl. He looks around nervously, teeth chattering, palms sweaty. His eyes meet yours as you settle into your chair, he doesn't know whether he should laugh, cry, or smile. "You look beautiful as ever." He managers to spit out.

"Not so bad yourself." You have to admit, when Bokuto cleans up, he cleans up real good. "Look, Kashi made me come to meet you. Otherwise I wouldn't have come if I had known it was you. What do you want?"

"A second chance, and an opportunity to explain myself. Give me one week, and if I can't make you love me again, I'll stop bothering you for good."

"You can start by explaining yourself here." You fold your arms across your chest and let out a sigh.

"I miss you, terribly. I've been regretting not pulling away from the manager's kiss everyday since you've left me. I knew her intentions, I've told her no many times, but she still wouldn't give up. I should've pushed her away. I was foolish. I lost the thing I loved most in 2 seconds. I haven't been sleeping well for a long time, it's been hard for me to get by without you."

Your heart was about to burst. His pain was visible in every word he said. You knew leaving him was for the best in the heat of the moment, but it wasn't for the best in the long run. Sadly, you've moved on, yet he's still clinging onto the memories of you. "Is this the truth?"

"I would never lie to you."

"You have a week. Now can we order please? I'm starving." You smile.

"Of course." He grins back, relieved. "No need to pull out the menu, I've already told the waiter what we wanted."

"Arigato. I can't believe you still remember."

"How could I ever forget?"

"Awh, you're so sweet."

The waiter brings your favourite dish to the table. You've almost forgotten how good the food is here.

"Like the taste?"

"Yummy~" You lick your lips.

"My lips taste bett-" He starts.

"Don't push it, I'm still mad."

"Sumimasen." He pouts, trying to act all adorable.

"You know I can't resist it when you pout right?"

"Maybe I should do it more then."

"You only have a week, make it count." You remind him.

"A week for us to fall in love all over again, perfect."

"Who said anything about falling in love again?"

"You're still sassy as always."

"You're still dumb as always."

The two of you finish the rest of dinner peacefully, and before you leave with Kashi, you give Bokuto a quick peck on the cheek. "Arigato!"

He blushes. "My pleasure." He watches as you and Kashi take off and he waves.

***********************************
A/n: Goodbye 2017, hello 2018!

Happy new year, may you lead a prosperous and happy life!❤️

Happy birthday Daichi (Dadchi) Sawamura!!!