4

"Morning (y/n)," Bokuto evilly pulls open the blinds, letting the sun sting your eyes.

"OW THAT HURTS IDIOT, CLOSE THE F***ING BLINDS."

"(y/n)'s got potty mouth, what a rebellious girl."

"You don't want to get on my bad side, or you'll end up uglier than roadkill when I'm done with you."

"Look who's trying to be tough, a black-belt who couldn't survive one horror movie? How pathetic."

"Zip it before I kick you where it hurts most." You swing your leg at him, purposely missing his stomach.

"Geez I'll shut up, no need to get physical."

***********************************
You and Bokuto arrive at the training camp together.

"TOBIO!" You run and hug your brother tightly. No matter how much you guys act like you hate each other, you guys just can't stand being apart.

"Hey sis, I missed you." He said resting his head on top of yours.

"Did you actually genuinely miss me, or are you trying to show off how tall you are."

"Both."

"Gee thanks."

"Anytime."

"Thanks for setting up this training camp Kage-chan." Coach Ukai gives you a small handshake and smiles.

"Just doing my job sensei."

***********************************
The training camp ends once again, at least this time Karasuno won a few more games than last time. Losing by fewer and fewer points each set they play. Before the bus ride home, Kags approaches the Owl Head Captain.

"Hey Bokuto."

"Oh Kageyama junior, can I help you?"

"If you hurt my sister, I'll break your neck."

"Pretty sure she'll break it before you do." Bokuto shrugs, not bothered at all by Kags' threat.

"I don't want my sister to ever experience heart-break. You better not be the first one who breaks her."

"GIVE ME A BREAK! WE AREN'T DATING."

"I sense your feelings for her. Don't lie to me." Kags turns and walks away.

"In many ways they're very alike." Bokuto says quietly.

"OWL HEAD! I ALMOST FORGOT TO SAY GOODBYE PROPERLY." You yell holding out your hand for your handshake you guys made yesterday.

"See you loser." He retorts after the handshake.

"You want to talk about who the loser is, really? We beat you guys today." You stick out your tongue at him. "Bye!"

Bokuto watches you run to the waiting Karasuno bus, wishing you didn't have to leave.

***********************************
"Missing her already Hoot?"

"You got me there Kubro."

"There are plenty of other girls here in Tokyo. Why bother going for long distance?"

"She's just different and very off limits, so you tell your team to stay away."

"You really like her don't you Hoot?"

"I know, it shows."

"I'm proud of you for taking your time."

"Really Kubro?"

"I mean it. It's hard to wait, I probably can't do it myself. Enough heart-felt talk, let's play some CoD. Loser buys winner a new game for Christmas!"

"You're on!"

***********************************
•Snapchat from Owl🦉•

You open your phone to find a picture of Kuroo with the caption "guess who lost the bet?" You reply with a picture of sleeping Kags and caption it "guess who sleep-talks?"

•Snapchat from Owl🦉•

Picture of Kuroo, again. "haha Kageyama exposed" You reply with a picture of the sleeping Karasuno team. "gonna catch some z's.. catch ya later ((:"

•Snapchat from Owl🦉•

Picture of Kuroo and Bokuto smiling. (No caption) You screenshot it and put your phone away.

***********************************
"Hey Kuroo, why are you and Bokuto playing CoD when you should be resting?" A first year from Bokuto's school asks.

"Taking his mind off that special girl. He can't go 10 minutes without talking about her."

"YES I CAN!"

"Oh Karasuno number 9's sister? That second-year manager?" Their teammate asks, but rather states it as if he already knew.

"NO?!!!" Bokuto exclaims shocked.

"Everyone knows y'know, even Kenma knows Hoot. It's too obvious. The only person who doesn't seem to know is (y/n) herself."

"All the managers at Karasuno are cute, one from every year how lucky. That second-year is smoking though." The first year exclaims grinning.

"Off-limits, and you should not be referring to them by their first name yet." Bokuto whistles, and smacks the first-year on the back of his head.

***********************************
"Yachi!" You yell at the first-year manager. "Kiyoko-san said we needed to have a meeting, just the 3 of us."

"Oh? I'm coming right now."

You two enter the girl's locker room, and sit on the benches.

"It has come to my attention that (y/n) has been eyeing an opposing member of another volleyball team for quite some time. Care to share?"

"Oh," Yachi winks. "You mean Bokuto Koutarou? You can tell us, we won't spill."

"He's just a friend I talk to on a regular basis, nothing special." You lie hoping they won't actually find out your true feelings.

"(y/n)-chan, don't lie please. I can tell when you are." Kiyoko-san smiles.

"Ok. Maybe I have very minimal feelings for him, but he sees me as just a friend, so..... I'm ok with him and I staying friends." You admit, finally. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Yachi filming with Snapchat on your phone what you had just said. "Yachi! Who'd you send that too!" You grabbed your phone back worried.

"Just Bokuto."

Kiyoko giggles, and so does Yachi.

"When you get a crush, I am so doing this to you too." You tell her, surprisingly not mad.

"Enough girl talk, let's get to practice already." Yachi commands you two.