19

It has now been a year. A whole year since you've officially broken up with Bokuto.

***********************************
A/n: Sorry for time skip, I'm lazy and I did not know how to connect. Also can't have no drama if (y/n) isn't in university

***********************************
The youth national team's season ended with a disappointing gold medal match loss against the USA team, but even so, you're still very proud of your brother who was named best setter of the entire tournament.

Your final year at Karasuno was eventful to say the least, the team made nationals again, and this year, Kageyama would be the club's captain. Yachi took over your spot as head manager, and you couldn't have been happier for her. Hinata finally had the guts to ask her out, and the pair were dating happily. 

The new school year had just begun, you're now a first-year university student, Bokuto a second-year university student. You two haven't spoken since the day you caught him with his manager. You've moved on, but there are still moments where you think about him. Bokuto still misses you terribly, he hasn't caught feelings for any other girl. The former third-years are all trying to get him to move on, but he just can't, he needs you.

***********************************
"Hoot, c'mon, one small party can't hurt you. Go meet some girls, get something to drink. Hang out with the team. Loosen up and stop sulking all the time." Kuroo edges on his buddy, who's sitting on his bed reading a book.

"I'll pass."

"You still thinking about her?"

"Everyday."

"You should go see her. You haven't had any real fun since you've broken up with her."

"How am I supposed to have fun when my joy leaves me?!"

"That was a year ago."

"It feels like yesterday."

"You know what? You can just keep sulking here and let the room eat at your soul. I'm going to go have some fun, and you? You can sit here in a puddle of your own regret, YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE PAST BRO." Kuroo slams their shared dorm door shut.

"I just miss her, why can't you understand?"

***********************************
"Hey Sugamama, Dadchi, Acezumane senpaisssssss!!!! HOW ARE YOU GUYS?" You suddenly show up at their party, bearing gifts for them in your hands.

"(y/n)? What are you doing here on campus?" Suga asks while hugging you.

"I go here now?"

"What? I thought you were going to study in the US! Come in! It's not really a party, more like a get-together for some friends. Do you want anything to drink?" Daichi takes your jacket and hangs it up, while Asahi grabs you a pair of slippers.

The party progresses, Oikawa, Ushijima, Kuroo, and some other third-year graduates show up. The atmosphere is perfect, you're enjoying yourself.

BANG BANG BANG!!! The door sounds.

"Hold on! I'm coming!" Suga rushes to the door. "B-Bokuto? What a lovely surprise come in." He welcomes him in and takes his coat. "Everyone say hi to Bokuto!"

"B-Bokuto?" You gasp as your heartbeat flutters, you don't know whether you're upset or happy.

His eyes wander across the room, landing on you. Time acts as if it were frozen, his mouth slowly drops open. "(y/n)?" He mutters softly.

You haven't changed much, but boy, he could've sworn you had gotten ten times hotter. Your physique much more toned, and his eyes fell upon your neck, where his necklace had once been. It hurt him to see it had been replaced by another.

"I'm so sorry (y/n). I didn't know he'd be here." Immediately Daichi comforts you. "He hasn't been to any party since you broke up with him. Sumimasen I should've told you that he might come today."

"I'm fine. I'll just be leaving now." You grab your jacket and exit the dorm. Before you are fully out the door, a firm grip graces your wrist.

"Wait." A raspy voice says.

"Bokuto, I've had enough. You've hurt me once, I can't let it happen again." You turn to face the owl, and you realize how sleep-deprived he's gotten. "Let me go."

"I can't. I want another chance to explain myself."

"I cannot give you that chance. Sumimasen, I better leave." You free yourself and you run down the hall.

"(y/n)!!!" He chases behind you but is stopped by the other volleyball members.

"Don't chase her. That would just be stupid." Suga looks at Bokuto directly in the eye. "She still has a piece of you with her, but isn't willing to let that come to the light yet. Give her more time."

"I want her back now. I can't wait anymore."

"My friend, you have to wait longer." Suga leaves the stunned owl outside, and he returns inside.

***********************************
"Back so soon?" Kags opens the door to your room.

"I ran into Bokuto."

"That doesn't explain why you're back. I thought you've moved on?" He plops onto the bed beside you.

"It hurts still."

"I'll stay with you for awhile. I'll always be here ok?" He rests his head on your shoulder, and slings his arm on the opposite shoulder.

"I don't know what'd I do without you Tobio."

"Love you too, now relax and try to forget."

Silence takes over and you fall asleep, and Kags silently leaves your room.