3

"I'm home mom, this is my friend, (y/n)!"

You watch as a woman with the same colored hair as Bokuto, only straight and longer, steps out of a room and smiles warmly at you.

"You're the girl Bokuto told me about! I honestly thought only Akaashi was coming over today. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too Bokuto-san." You say as you bow formally. "Arigato for letting me stay tonight."

"No need to be that formal dear, please don't bow. Treat our house as your house."

"Thank you, sorry for any disturbance."

You walk into the house, and you see pictures of Akaashi and Bokuto as children hanging above the shoe rack.

"Is that you? Oh my goodness, you used to be so much cuter!"

"Am I not cute now?"

"Not really."

His mom laughs as she returns to the kitchen, motioning for Bokuto to follow.

"She's a keeper, she has my approval. Don't let this one slip away."

Bokuto stands in the doorway of the kitchen confused, but soons remember that day he first got your number. He was so proud, he even told his parents about it.

"Hey do you have any t-shirts I can borrow? I forgot to bring pajamas." You say, trying to make it sound like you actually forgot, but is actually just finding an excuse to borrow a boy's shirt.

"Yeah, but they're all boyfriend material, just warning you."

You snicker, earning a smile from Bokuto.

"It's alright then, sounds way too clingy and high maintenance."

"Did you just assume what type of boyfriend material I am?"

"I didn't assume, I made an educated guess."

"You want to play that way? Bring it on Karasuno."

"Hey, (y/n) right?" Akaashi walks out of the living room, ruffling his hair with his hand.

"You're Akaashi aren't you. How do you deal with this high maintenance simpleton everyday. I can't even stand him for more than 2 hours."

"I like your attitude." Akaashi smirks.

"Here," Bokuto said handing you one of his t-shirts. "The bathroom is the second door on the left."

You head to change, leaving Bokuto and Akaashi in the living room.

"She's off limits, if that's what you're about to ask." Bokuto tells Akaashi.

"She's cute, don't try anything on her though, she's only a second-year, underclassman." Akaashi reminds Bokuto. "Unless you want to go to jail y'know, feel free."

You come back to find Bokuto throwing pillows at Akaashi out of frustration.

"Hey you two, want to watch a movie? I was thinking maybe The Grudge?"

"You might have to comfort Bokuto though, he's a wimp." Akaashi grins.

"I am not a wimp, I'll probably have to protect (y/n)."

***********************************
Throughout the movie, you grab firmly onto Bokuto's hand. He laughs, Akaashi pays no attention to the two of you.

"Who's the wimp now?" Bokuto asks, proud of himself.

"I admit, I can't watch horror movies. I usually have Tobio to comfort me after so I can sleep."

"It's late, I'm going to head home, see you tomorrow Bokuto. Nice seeing you (y/n)."

"See you Akaashi."

"Bye bro."

Bokuto turns off the tv, and you walk back to his room with him.

"I'll sleep on the futon, you can sleep on my bed. Get some rest ok? I'll wake you up tomorrow morning."

"Goodnight Bokuto."

"Goodnight Kage-chan."

(Bokuto's thoughts) She's so cute, I cannot.

***********************************
The next day passes by like a breeze. You really enjoyed spending time with Bokuto. You're glad that you'll see him again literally tomorrow.

*phone call to Kags*

"Hey is it alright if I stay in Tokyo until you guys get here tomorrow?"

"That should be fine, I'll let mom know."

"I miss and love you little bro."

"I miss and love you too (y/n)."

You smile and hang up. You turn back to Bokuto and give him the good news.

"NO WAY!" He looks surprised.

"I'm staying one more night, that's alright with your mom, right?"

"She loves you, of course she'll say yes. I'm going to make you watch some anime with me. There's a new one about volleyball I heard was really good."

"Anime about volleyball? Man that sounds like a story you'd come out of."

"Are you saying I'm a dream?"

"No, you're my nightmare."

"Wow. Rude," Bokuto scoffs, but can't stay mad at you for more than 2 seconds.

***********************************
The two of you end up watching that volleyball anime for the rest of the evening, occasionally throwing harmless insults at each other.

"So this part is the most inten-" Bokuto stops when he feels a slight thud against his shoulder. He turns to find you trying to keep yourself awake, but struggling to do so. "Someone tired?" He laughs as you yawn.

"Can we sleep now?" You manage to mumble.

"I'll carry you."

Too tired to push him away and say no, you let the simpleton captain carry you to bed. Bokuto leaves the room to go clean up after your mini slumber party in the living room.

"Is she the one?" His father asks.

"What do you think?" Bokuto manages to say, even though he's very embarrassed that both of his parents have asked him about you.

"I know she is, but you should hurry and make her yours. Once the bird leaves the nest, it can't be tamed."

"I'm waiting until she's ready."

"When she is, will you be?" His father sighs and walks out of the room.

"Will I be?"