25

A year later.

"Left!" Bokuto yells at the raven-haired setter. His love of volleyball still strong, but his love life weak.

"Bokuto-kun." Kags tosses the ball perfectly to the point of impact of the owl's hand, a technique he can now use with anyone, not just Hinata.

"HEY, HEY, HEY! DID YOU SEE THAT AWESOME QUICK AKAASHI?!!" Still flaunting his skill and talent everywhere, Bokuto poses in the direction of the crowd. Flashes here, flashes there, man did he enjoy being popular.

"Yes, it was impressive." Akaashi mutters, feeding into Bokuto's ego.

The game ends 25 - 16, and 27 - 25. Their team taking the victory, as per usual.

***********************************

You had moved back to Japan a few weeks ago, after completing a year at the university in Toronto.

Kags: are you coming to pick me up?

Sis: yes I am, meet you at the usual? We can grab food after

Kags: ok, c u

The usual, was the parking lot behind the gym. It was always empty and no traffic went through there ever. Perfect for someone who didn't want to be noticed by a particular Hoot, at you.

You make your way across campus, walking past the main entrance of the gym where the boys were cleaning up after their game.

Bokuto looks outside, and he catches a glimpse of a beauty passing, but ignores the urge to go see if it was you. He thought you were still in Canada.

"I'm going to go, see you tomorrow morning." Kags leaves the gym, forgetting his knee pads, a classic Tsukki action.

"Hey wait!" Bokuto grabs the knee pads and races outside, to find Kags getting into the car with, you? He rushes to Kags. "You forgot these, see you."

"Arigato." Kags grabs them and shuts the door.

You step on the gas pedal and the car starts.

Bokuto gets a last look of your face, and he stands there shocked. Could that really have been you?

"Hey get in or you'll catch a cold." Akaashi grabs the wing spiker's arm.

"I saw her."

"Saw who?"

"I saw (y/n)."

"You probably mistook someone else for her." Akaashi tries to get Bokuto to believe that it wasn't you, even though Akaashi knew it was you. You had told him that you've returned.

"It was her. I know for sure."

***********************************

You suddenly stop the car, before you exit the parking lot.

"Why the sudden stop?"

"Let's go inside and say hi." You park the car back in the lot and you exit. Kags following closely behind.

***********************************

You walk into the boy's main volleyball gym for the first time, after returning from Toronto. You can see the sweat dripping from the remaining players' faces. They've worked hard.

"Hey Kashi, good to see you again." You give him a slight wave.

"You didn't tell me you were coming to the gym today." Akaashi smirks slightly. "I liked the surprise." He pulls you in.

"Woah! Kashi wanting to actually hug me? A year's really changed you." Grinning, you hug him back.

"In a non-flirty, best friend type of way, you look good." He comments on your new look.