Warrior Song pt. 2

TANYA
Two days later

"This is a song, for my warriors (A waaarrior song)
Bravehearted and strong, definition of a warrior (Definition of a warrior)
Gonna keep marchin on, to the sound of my own beatin drum, oooh!"

I sang the hook and Nas stepped up to rap his next verse.

"Like King Nasir fightin' the British regime
I can't cope my existence is hope for younger teens who lost and they broke."

"Earlier this year I buried my queen in a gold casket
Your mother's the closest thing to God that you ever have kid."

"I'm askin, what would you do at your own mom's funeral
Wanna pick her up out of it, this can't be real
Tellin' my daughter grandma's gone, but I can't keep still.."

Feeling his emotions, I tried to focus on the song and not end up crying like a baby.

"I can't go on, responsible for so many
Her last days at the hospital
Visits from family I'm tryin' not to bust shots at niggas.."

"Wishin' death on other nigga's mothers ain't right but why mommy?"

Closing my eyes I inhaled slowly damn those lines were something serious.

It's crazy cuz I related to him in so many ways.

"She raised me in the projects alone
Her untimely exit from her, heavenly body
Got me ready to body somethin' quickly
Can't be happy, fuck a party she can't party with me
So your apologies are burnin' ya own souls
To the kids with no parents at home, grab a hold"

Clearing my throat I started singing the hook again.

"This is a song, for my warriors (A warrior song)
Bravehearted and strong, definition of a warrior (Definition of a warrior)
Gonna keep marchin on, to the sound of my own beatin drum, oooh!"

Going out the booth to pause the song, I removed my headphones and stepped out as well.

Taking a seat by him he went ahead and played back what we had so far. Liking what we had, he paused it and I fumbled with the keys to make sure everything sounded perfect.

After he let me do what I had for twenty minutes. I saved the unfinished versions and sent them both to us.

When I felt him staring at me, I looked at him slowly.

"What?" I asked smiling uneasy. "You got married?" He asked looking at the ring and I smiled thinking back to the events.

"No.. it's just a promise ring." I assured and he nodded. "Dope." He complimented.

"How'd you deal wit it?" He asked and I frowned in confusion. "Deal?" I said confused, "Losing your mom." He clarified and I made an o with my mouth.

"It took awhile... I literally didn't start dealing with it until this year... everyone copes differently." I told him and he looked off.

"She was my Queen... I lost her too soon.. it wasn't her time." He spoke more like in a distant tone.

"I agree.. we never know when we'll lose our loved ones. I'm just sorry it happened to you.. I wouldn't wish what I had to go through on anyone." I said and he nodded.

"You kno I don't even got it in me to treat these niggas how they've been doing me. I'm just worried about this album and mourning her death." He added and I looked at him.

"Yeah I've heard about the stuff with Jay and Cam'ron.. I know in the street life you have to say something. But right now you got actual life issues and I don't want you to dwell on them."