22.) The end

OMNISCIENT
October 3rd.

After two months of fighting for her life, Nina couldn't hold on any longer. August made sure he was in her room every day talking with her.

He put on a brave face and only broke down when he was in his home alone.

She had lost too much blood, the doctors said she died on the operating table but they were able to get her back.. that's what the breathing machine was for.

But she couldn't hold on and August didn't think she deserved to suffer like that. If she had to go and if that's what God wanted he wouldn't argue.

It hurt him to his core, it did. He shut down and didn't want to be bothered by anyone.

He asked Tanya to live on Campus, but she couldn't do it even if she wanted to. She knew he needed her and she was gonna be there even if he tried to pretend like everything was okay.

She never seen him so quiet and so out of element before. It made her nervous, word is Wilma did set it up and they fled before August and Caine even got a chance to retaliate.

They had to come back and if not August would personally go looking for them.

The crazy thing is that the night Nina was shot, she randomly sent a text to August saying "Just wanted to say I love you big head."

He didn't think anything of it cuz that's how they were, they always made sure each other knew how much they loved one another.

Nina was a mini him and he would've gave the world to her if he could've. If it could've been him instead of her, he would trade places with her in a heart beat.

Her passing hit everyone differently.. she had an amazing impact on everyone, leaving everyone with their own story to tell about her.

That's what they did during the funeral, each person shared their story about her, very emotional and beautifully spoken.

August wore shades and Nina' favorite beanie. She always picked out his hats but this one in particular he chose and she always found any reason to wear it.

Now he was wearing it for her..

August, Tanya, Caine and Ron sat in the front, Ariel, Kandy, a few school friends and some of their cousins filled up the rest of the seats in the church.

August didn't even have it in him to fight with Ron when he showed up at his house after hearing about the incident on the news.

He gave his condolences then they hashed out their issues, it wouldn't go back to how it used to, but August respected him for paying his respects.

He loved Nina like she was his sister, so he wouldn't stop him from wanting to say his final goodbye.

Tanya didn't wanna talk to him and he didn't blame her, he just hoped she forgave him..

They all sat and listened to the preacher, but nobody was really paying attention everyone was deep in thought.

It wasn't real.. it couldn't be.

Tanya looked over at August who was doing his best at keeping it together, her heart ached afor him.

She knew how much he adored his little sister, seeing him trying his best not to go crazy was hurting her in the worst way.

She quickly wiped a stray tear away then tried to focus back on the Preacher.

"We have a best friend of Nina's that's going to sing one of her favorite songs." He called as he looked towards Tanya.