20.)

NINA
July 9th ( month later )

"I swear I don't understand why y'all just don't become serious already." I complained as I walked behind my brother and Tanya.

We were in the mall doing some shopping and he found every little reason to touch on her or hold her hand.

It was cute cuz I never seen him like this before and his ass was always smiling around her, hell he was even being less hard on me, I was glad as hell Tanya had him whipped.

"They taking it "slow". Caine joked as he held his daughter, I swear she was a spitting image of him.

"Mind ya business." He added as he pulled Tanya towards him as we got to the food court. "Thank goodness!" I dramatized as I plopped down in a empty chair and sat by three bags on the table.

Once everyone else sat down I relaxed.

"You sound like yo ass ran thirty miles, thas yo fault for wanting to buy eight outfits and four pairs of shoes and unnecessary accessories." August stated shaking his head.

"You love me either way." I cooed and Tanya giggled. "I'm starting to debate." He joked and I pretended to be hurt.

"You hea' yo uncle being rude?" I asked Marie and she giggled then clapped her hands. "She not even a year, stop tryna turn her against me." He said as he stood up and grabbed Tanya's hand.

"What we eating?" He questioned looking at us all. "Whatever T gets I want." I told him and he nodded. "Get me Whatever you get and also something I can share with fat mama." Caine responded as he grabbed her bib out her baby bag.

"Bet." He said then headed in the direction where the Chinese was. "What you think of them?" I asked Caine, he gave Marie her teddy bear then glanced at August them.

"Nigga is real live happy, like his ass glowing or some shit. Whatever she's doing, I want her ta' keep it up." He admitted with a genuine smile and I agreed.

"I like them together, she's changing him for the greater and he's changing her and she doesn't realize it.. maybe she does and just has her guard up. I'm just happy for them."

I announced proudly and he chuckled.

"Ain't nothing like black love, shit is wonderful." He added and I laughed agreeing.

"Agree times a hundred." I stated just as August them came back, both laughing and smiling.

I couldn't help but to just smile and feel so proud for my brother.

"I got you some honey chicken and lo mein and I talked the lady into throwing you in an egg roll." Tanya announced as she handed me my platter.

She went to sit down but August grabbed her and took the seat by me and pulled her down onto his lap.

Boy was in love and didn't even realize it.

"I kept it simple." He said as he gave Caine his platter then sat our drinks in the middle of the table.

"I got the rice for luh mama, cuz I seen how she be scarfing it down whenever I'm at yo place." He told him and Caine thanked him as we all closed our eyes to say grace.

Once we finished we began eating and of course Marie wanted to be grown and kept trying to feed herself and just kept spilling the food.

"She is so chubby and so adorable." T complimented as she offered one of her honey chickens to Marie but Caine shook his head.

"Just feed it to her like this." She informed as she bit a piece off then fed it to luh mama and she gladly ate it.

"My mom used to do that with me whenever I wanted to eat food that wasn't safe for me yet." She informed as she did it again then giggled when Marie grabbed her hand.