24.) Decisions

TANYA

"Everything okay?" August asked walking back in the room. "Yeah.. but I don't remember telling you to come in." Mary responded and I giggled.

"I was letting her kno I was about ta head out crazy lady." He said jumping at her and she squared up.

We all busted out laughing, "Don't get beat up." She joked, "Neva dat." He replied walking over to me.

"Where you going?" I asked, "business." He answered simply. "Noted." I said just as Caine and Ron came in the room as well.

"Ready?" They asked, "Yeah.. keep my shorty safe." He told Mary then leaned down and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you." He said and I said it back. "Be careful, I am honestly tired of patching up war wounds." She stressed and they laughed.

"I felt that shade." I added and she chuckled. "Not you dear.. just them." She assured as they left out.

"So..." I started as I tapped my finger on the side of the bed. "How serious are you and Mr. Hardhead?" She asked and I laughed at the nickname.

"Pretty serious." I answered, nodding she grabbed her clipboard and flipped a few notes. "Have any thoughts on marriage?" She asked still looking at the papers.

"Me? Yeah.. I think he feels the same." I told her as I stared at her tryna figure out where this was going.

"Y'all haven't sat down and had that conversation yet?" She questioned looking at me like she didn't believe me.

"No.. not that I can remember.. I'm not sure." I said getting confused by my own response, smiling softly she nodded.

"Have y'all talked about kids?" She asked, nodding slowly she gave me an disapproving look.

"What?" I asked and she shook her head. "You guys talked about kids BEFORE marriage? How does that work?" She asked and I felt offended by that.

"No clue." I mumbled looking down at my hands. "No clue.. interesting." She stated, looking up at her I rose my brow.

"You guys use protection?" She asked, not sure if I should answer I just stared at her. "Whatever we talk about stays between us." She assured like that was something I was actually worried about.

"So...?" She said looking at me awaiting my response. "No... I'm on birth control." I told her and she pursed her lips.

"Was.." she added and I frowned, "Come again?" I said leaning forward some. "I said was... as in past tense." She explained and I squinted.

"Huh? How?" I asked mad confused, "When you were shot.. I had to remove it to get to the bullet." She informed and I continued to stare at her blankly.

"What are you saying?" I asked, "That either he wraps it up.. y'all expect a baby soon or... you go and see if you can get it inserted into your right arm.. your choice."

She clarified, "Interesting." I mumbled, "I'm not pregnant am I?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No and if you wanna keep it that way I advise you to think about birth control again or make him wrap it up."

She suggested, "He doesn't like condoms.." I told her and she cocked her head to the side.

"No I mean he wears condoms.. he just stopped with me when we got serious serious." I explained.