10.) Never Felt This Way

TANYA
April 6th, Monday

"Did everyone enjoy their weekend?" My music professor asked as she set her stuff up. I know I did, Ron been showing me a different side of him and I'm liking it.

"I think we all did, did you?" Jane asked and we looked awaiting her answer. "Actually I did, thank you." She replied smiling and that made me smile.

"You seem happier Miss Moore." She stated tryna call me out, when everyone directed their attention to me I slid down in my seat some.

"I'm always happy." I lied and she gave me a look and I gave it right back.

"Anyways, as we discussed last week. I asked you guys to choose a song that described you or your life.. who wants to start first?"

She questioned looking around, a girl stood up and held her notebook. "I don't mind." She said handing the sheet to our professor.

Once things were set up, she began playing the keys on the piano and I instantly knew who it was that she singing.

I leaned up in my seat some along with everyone else as she started off, she seemed nervous, but we all are at times..

"I know you've been hurt by.. someone else. I can tell by the way you carry yourself.. if you let me, here's what I'll do.. I'll take care of you, I've loved and I've lost.."

She started and a few of the guys started rapping Drakes verse. She seemed to get startled but she still kept up.

When she got to my favorite part, I lowly went along with her.

"It's my birthday, I'll get high if I want to. Can't deny that I want you, but I'll lie if I have to. 'Cause you don't say you love me to yo friends when they ask you.."

Damn I felt that in my soul, I can only imagine how Ron be feeling.

"Even tho we both know that you do.." Yup that part was directed towards me, I hear ya Drake.

Once she finished we all stood up and clapped as loud as we could , she covered her face shyly and our instructor was stunned.

As a few more students went, she looked my way and I reluctantly got up. I gave her a copy of the lyrics and the musical keys, then I got on stage and coached myself.

"I got this." I told myself, when she began I took a few moments before I started.

"I drove for miles just to find you and find myself... All these screams, all these voices in my head. You gave me STRENGTH, gave me HOPE for a lifetime."

I probably shouldn't have picked this song to preform cuz my instructor was good at reading between the lines, but I really felt this song in my spirit.

"I never was satisfied.."

"This time won't you save me? This time won't you save me? Baby, I can fill myself giving up, giving up.."

I sang from within, I felt myself getting choked up but I refused to break.

"It's not your fault, I'm a bitch, Your a monster.. Yes your a beast, and you feast when I conquer.."

I inhaled deeply to keep from crying , I changed some words around purposely.

"But I'm alone in our home, all these stitches.." I heard someone gasped and I contemplated if I wanted to keep going or not.