Chapter 20

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

"Beyonce stop being difficult and give me my son." Normani was mad as hell for no reason. I ain't do shit to her, I was trying to control myself as well.

We had to talk for real 'cause with the shit that Kordei has been telling me, she hasn't been doing a good job with taking care or respecting herself.

"Come in the house Normani."

"If your bi-"

"I didn't ask shit, my nigga. This ain't got shit to do with Sydney. Bring yo stubborn ass in this house."

The vulnerability fired in her eyes before she pushed me out of the way, walking into the house.

I closed the door behind her and stood up against the door while she looked right at me.

"What Beyonce?"

"What's with you all of a sudden?"

"What are you talking about?"

"We're not together but I still care about you and your well-being. I don't think you understand that whatever you say, do, or even witness, your son picks up on and he tells me. When I said he's my best friend, I meant it. Tell me what's up." I said, crossing my arms.

"I really don't know what you're talking about Bey."

"When did you start smoking weed? And in front of my son? You're really acting like he can't see you!"

"Stop yelling at me, first of all and I didn't even know he was in the room. We weren't out in the open, we were in the studio." She said and I swear to God, I was about to choke the shit out of her.

"Why you acting like you don't know how to raise your own son? Stop making dumb ass decisions Normani, he's your son, not some child that you're babysitting. You need to actually raise him." I rolled my eyes.

"Are you calling me a bad mom Beyonce?"

"No, I didn't say that. I'm telling you to be careful around him and fucking raise him."

She sighed and there was a long pause before she nodded her head.

I don't think she understands that I actually care about her and that's never going to change. She's the woman that changed me and I can't take that away from her but she fucked it up for herself and she can't blame anyone else for that.

"Bey."

"What's up?" I asked. I sat down on the couch and she sat down next to me.

"I miss you and my mom told me to be completely honest with you. I don't know how to fight for you but I really want to. You treat me so well and it's like, I don't know why I cheated. I can't blame it on being drunk 'cause I knew what I was doing but I think it's only 'cause I wanted to try something new. Beyonce I really don't know but I don't know what I'm supposed to do to get you back. I really do want you back Bey." She laid her head down in my lap and I sighed, pulling my hair back.

"I'm not gonna lie, I miss you too but you cheated. That's not like a lack in in communication 'cause I know I treated you right, I made sure I did. What went wrong?" I asked, feeling myself about to cry.

"Nothing happened."

"Something had to happen. Am I bad in the bedroom or something?"

"No, you're amazing in the bedroom. I think I was just vulnerable in that moment and I was so emotional while being drunk, I do-"

"Stop saying you don't know after explaining something to me. Don't get to a hard part of your explanation then say you don't know. That shit is annoying." I grumbled.