Chapter 28

A little to the side, Ayano saw that Shoji was charging towards both Izuku and Todorki, who seemed to be facing off, but after looking towards them for a minute, she noticed that many other teams were going after him.

"Hey, let's get in on the fun too!" Tetsutetsu exclaimed, and Ayano nodded, turning towards Izuku and Todoroki along with the rest of her group. As she got closer, she saw that Kaminari was shooting his lightning, and Ayano watched as it headed straight for their team, along with all the others around them.

In a slight panic, she activated her quirk, a short wall barely a foot off the ground was raised in front of them, shattering right as the electricity hit it. She winched slightly, the side of her nose burning as she assumed her skin froze a tiny bit more, she might have to adjust her bandages later. Around her, she saw that all the other groups had been shocked by Kaminari's quirk.

"Good thinking, Hyida!" Juzo shouted, and Ayano grinned.

"I guess it's good having a Class A on our team." Tetsutetsu said, looking down at Ayano. "You do know all your buddies quirks, so you'll be able to help us out more than I thought!"

"Glad that's the case!" Ayano said, then she placed her focus back to in front of her. Though just as she was about to move, she felt that her feet were stuck.

Looking down, she noticed that her group was stuck in ice, along with many of the other groups around them.

"What? What'd he do?" Present Mic announced, "Todoroki took care of the crowds of teams in an instant!"

"He froze them after Kaminari's shock stopped them..." Aizawa informed. "I guess it should be expected. He took into account how a lot of people avoided it in the obstacle course."

Ayano was working on unsticking her feet, along with the other groups around her, but she couldn't help but also watch the fight between Izuku and Todoroki, they seemed as if they were almost evenly matched, but Todoroki was easily catching up to Izuku.

"Team Midoriya has nowhere left to go!" Present Mic exclaimed, and Ayano realized that Izuku was now at the edge of the field. He had been cornered, but her view was soon gone as a giant ice wall appeared behind Todorki's group. With a sigh, she started to focus on getting her feet free again.

It didn't take long for her group to get free, and soon, they were running over the field again, away from the ice.

"Let's avoid over there, I personally don't want to get involved in that feud over there." She motioned towards the fight now going against Bakugo and a kid from class B, there already seemed to be enough people over there from what Ayano was seeing. "Let's focus on some other groups alright?"

The rest of the group nodded, and started to run towards other groups.

"One minute left!" Present Mic shouted. "Todoroki made it so he'll have the ten million to himself to seize in an instant! At least, that's what I though five minutes ago! But unbelievably, Midoriya's been able to keep away in that cramped space for five minutes!"

Good for him Ayano thought, but she didn't focus much on that, instead she focused on anyone who might be coming in on her side

"What? So fast, so fast!" Present Mic shouted, and Ayano assumed Iida just did something, since he was the only person who Ayano knew had a speed based quirk. "Iida, if you could accelerate that fast, then show us in the prelims!" With the crowd cheering, Ayano assumed something big happened. "The tables are turned! Offense and defense right at the edge! Reining that in, Todorki gets the ten million!"

So is Izuku at zero now? Ayano thought to herself, his team had spent pretty much the whole game running away, and she only saw the one headband on his head when she last saw him, a second later, Ayano's question was answered.