Chapter 30

After changing, Ayano was in her classes section, watching with boredom as Cementoss made the arena.

"A lot's happened, but it's now come to this! A serious battle!" Present Mic announced, getting the crowd excited. "You can only depend on yourself! Even if you're not a hero, you'll face lots of situations like that! You get it, right? Heart, skill, body, wisdom, and knowledge! Use all of that to rush up!"

"Hey, Ayano!" A voice called, and Ayano looked behind her, seeing Uraraka waving at her as she walked to her seat. "You ready for this match?"

"It's Deku against that creepy guy, right?" Ayano asked.

Uraraka nodded, "I hope he does well." She found a seat, and Ayano moved from the ledge to sit next to her friend.

"I do too. He's come a long way since Jr. High." Ayano agreed.

"Oh, right, you two went to Jr. High together." Uraraka said.

Ayano nodded, and after some silence, Present Mic started to pump the crowd up.

"Audience! The finals that you've all been waiting for are finally starting!" He exclaimed, and Ayano looked at the newly made arena, where flames were now lit at each of the corners. "Match number one!"

On the screen, Deku and the other boy he was against were shown on the screen, Hitoshi Shinso. I wonder how this.  Match is going to pan out. Ayano thought, watching as the two made their way to the arena.

"Even though he's done well, what's with that face? From the Hero course, it's Izuku Midoriya! Versus sorry, he hasn't done anything to stand out yet! From general studies, it's Hitoshi Shinso!"

"Wow, what an introduction."Ayano muttered to herself, kind of feeling bad for the boy.

"The rules are simple, Force your opponent out of bounds, or immobilize them! You can also win by making your opponent say, "I give up!" Bring on the injuries, because we've got our very own Recovery Girl watching on standby! Put your morals and ethics aside for a moment! But of course, anything life-threatening is crap! It's not allowed! Overdoes should only use their fists to catch villains! Ready? Start!"

With that word, Ayano kept her gaze on the two, Shinso must of said something to provoke Izuku, since he started to lunge towards him, seeming to shout something, though Ayano was too far away to hear. Something must of happened though, because he suddenly stopped.

"Hey, Hey! What's the matter!?" Present Mic asked, and Ayano stood up from her seat, just as Uraraka and Iida did. "It's the important first match! Liven things up! Midoriya! The match just started... and he's completely frozen?!"

"No way." Ayano whispered, mostly to herself, watching as Midoriya just stood there with her eye widened. "Move damnit!" She said to herself.

"He's just standing there with a blank stare! Is this Shinso's quirk? He didn't stand out at all, but could he actually be someone amazing? He's gotten the better of Izuku Midoriya from the Hero Course, who would've imagined this?! Will the bottom really overthrow the top?"

Ayano felt her head whirling with thoughts, until- "Mind Control." She said suddenly.

"What?" Iida asked.

"Shinso is in General Studies because his quirk isn't physical." Ayano started to explain, "We were fighting faux villains, ones that don't have minds. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Shinso's quirk is something mental." She pointed to her head, "He couldn't of controlled the robots because their minds are nonexistent." She turned and looked back to the arena, her eye widening more. Midoriya was walking right off the arena.

"Huh?" Present Mic asked, "What?! Midoriya's being so obedient!"

"Deku, no." Uraraka said to herself, looking at the arena in panic.

"If you go out of bounds, then you'll loose the match!" Iida shouted, waving his hands around.

Ayano heard Present Mic speaking, but she was too focused on Midoriya to listen to what he was saying exactly. Come on Deku, break through this! I know you're strong enough!" She clenched her fists, he couldn't loose this, he put so much on line already. "Deku, you coward." She whispered to herself. "Win this for us. Win this for Class-A!"

As she was speaking, Midoriya was walking closer and closer towards the edge of the arena, and suddenly, just as his foot was about to reach out of bounds, there was a giant gust of wind, and once it cleared, Midoriya was standing there, painting, his feet just before the line of the arena.

"Th-this is! Midoriya stopped!" Present mic shouted, and the crowd cheered at the sudden turn of events.

"Midoriya!" Iida shouted, raising his hand in the air.

"I'm... I'm so glad." Uraraka said, a pleasant smile on her face.

"That's it! I knew you wouldn't let yourself loose that easily!" Ayano shouted, a grin on her face. She watched with excitement and relief as he turned to face a seemingly annoyed Shinso, letting out a cheer as Midoriya made his way toward Shinso, grabbing his shoulders as he started to push him off the arena.

As Shinso punched him, Ayano watched as he gave Midoriya a strong punch to the face, causing Midoriya to flip him over his shoulder, in a move that seemed familiar to her.

Before she knew it, Midnight was calling the round. "Shinso is out of bounds!" She called, "Midoriya advances to round two!"

"In the finals, the first person to advance into the second round is Izuku Midoriya from Class A!"