Chapter 48

The next day, Ayano was back at class, her face pressed against her desk as she was half way to falling asleep. Sure she had slept well the night before, but exhaustion hit her like train. On the other side of the room, Ayano heard Sero and Kirirshima laughing their asses off. Apparently Bakugou had his hair styled in a preppy way when he was in his internship and it had gotten used to the style so it had stayed that way.

"Awesome!" Mina exclaimed from next to Ayano, and she looked tiredly over to where the pink skinned girl was talking with Jiro and Asui. "You got to face real villains? I'm super jealous!"

"Well I didn't fight, all I did was help people evacuate and provide additional support." Jiro stated, twirling her earbud with her finger.

"But it's still sounds like so much fun!" Mina exclaimed.

"I spent basically the whole time reading and cleaning the ship deck. Though this one day we caught a bunch of drug smugglers." Asui told them.

"Okay that's cool." Mina and Jiro said together.

"What about you, Ayano, ribbit?" Asui asked, getting Ayano's attention.

"Oh, me? Well it was mostly patrols and learning how to fight with my blinded side. Of course, I did get to see some action as well." She said, sitting up straight and yawning, thinking back to the bank robbery. "Two villains were trying to rob a bank on the patrol I was on with Blind Side, so we gave them a hard beat down- of course, I think I'll have some sand in my costume for a while..."

"That's awesome!" Mina shouted, her eyes widening in awe.

"Yeah, must of been exciting." Jiro agreed.

"Yeah, I guess it was." Ayano said, then she looked past the group as she noticed Uraraka with an interesting aura around her.

"Guess she found her fighting spirit." Asui stated.

"Yeah, that battle hero must of been somethin' else." Jiro agreed.

Ignoring any more conversation, Ayano placed her head back down on the desk, she heard some mentio of the hero killer, but she couldn't be bothered to actually want to listen into the conversation. Closing her eyes, she sighed, dozing off slightly until she heard Iida shouting for people to get into their seats.

Sitting up straight, got ready for the day of classes.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"I am here!" All Might shouted from in front of the class. It was now the last class of the day- and apparently they were going to be doing another Hero exercise. "And now we return to our lessons! It feels like I haven't seen you all in a while! Welcome back! Now then, listen carefully for what's in store. We're going to be conducting a little race. Take everything you've learned from your internships and apply it to this rescue training."

Immediately Iida's hand shot up for a question. "If it's rescue turning, then shouldn't we be at the USJ instead?" He asked.

"Ah. That facility specializes in disasters. As I said earlier, this is a race. So prepare. You're about to step into field gamma! Inside is an area of factories that form an intricate labyrinth. So good luck finding your way around. You'll be cooperating in groups of five- one group of six due to the odd number. Each person starts at a different location on the outskirts of the model city. I'll send a distress signal, and you do what you must to rescue me. Whoever finds me first wins! But try to keep the property damage to a bare minimum please." As he said that last part, he slowly started to point towards Bakugou.

"Why are you pointing at me?" He asked.

"Maybe because you're the one who always blows shit up- Explodo." Ayano grunted, earning a heated glare from him- only for her to return his glare with a cool gaze from herself.

After assigning groups to everyone, the class split up- the first group going to their places and the other groups sitting in an area where the could watch the race on the monitors.

Ayano was lucky enough to be in the second group, so she got to watch how everything worked before she tried it out herself.

"Iida hasn't completely recovered yet, right?" Kaminari asked. "He should sit this out."

"Everyone in this group has really good mobility." Kirirshima agreed.

"Huh... I'd say Midoriya is at a heavy disadvantage against those four." Momo stated from beside Ayano.

"That's what I think." Jiro agreed.

"Well, you might be surprised. He looks more confident than usual- so maybe he has a plan up his sleeve." Ayano stated, staring up at the monitor with an interested gaze. "Something tells me that he improved during the internship."

"So, who's  your pick? I'm betting on Sero." Kirirshima stated.

"Oh yeah? Hm I got odds on Ojiro." Kaminari said.

"I got odds on Ashido. 'Cus she's got a super athletic bod." Mineta stated.

What a pervert. Ayano thought with a sigh before adding in her own thoughts. "I gotta bet on Sero as well."

"I know Deku will be last." Bakugou grumbled.

"Even if he's still recovering- I think Iida's got this one."

With the sound of a buzzer, Ayano watched as all the racers sprung into action, Sero using his tape to propel him into the air, Ojiro jumping around with his tail, Iida running on the floor of the factories, Mina sliding on the pipes with her acid, and Izuku-

Like Ayano had predicted, Izuku had improved over the internships, he was now easily jumping around the labyrinth in a green blur. Though something about his movements struck Ayano as familiar.

"Woah! Midoriya?!" Kirishima, Kaminari, and Mineta exclaimed in unison.

"When did he learn to do that?" Kaminari asked.

"You were right Ayano. He did improve." Asui stated, glancing at the blonde. "How'd you guess?"

"Ah, well, I've known him since middle school- I could tell that something had changed when I saw him getting ready. He was more confident- he wasn't muttering or planning like he usually did. Of course, I don't think it was all those internships- those jumps look a lot like Bakugou's moves." She glanced over towards the Ash blond, seeing him glaring up at the monitor that showed Izuku jumping around his expression glowing more and more angry.

Before any more words were spoken, the race was over, with Sero winning it- Midoriya having face planted before he was able to get to All Might.

"Group one leave the field, you're up group two!" All Might exclaimed, and Ayano stood up along with some others.

"Well, that's out cue. Time to race." Ayano stated, a look of determination crossing over her face. She was ready.

___________
Junior year is so difficult. And it was only the third day.
I don't know how much I can handle guys.
But I'll try to write as much as I can!

-Sin