Chapter 35

After the break Ayano found herself back in her seat, looking down at the arena where both Izuku and Todorki were standing, facing each other.

This is going to be one interesting match. She thought to herself.

"Thanks for waiting, everybody!" Present Mic announced over the cheering crowd. "The first match of the second round is a big match! The man who won a huge victory in the first round and literally left the audience frozen— From the her course, it's Shoto Todoroki! On the other hand, this guy barely made it past the first round! What kind of fight will he show us this time? From the hero course, it's Izuku Midoriya!"

"Tokoyami, what do you think of this match?" Iida asked from next to Ayano.

"It depends on whether or not Midoriya jumps in close to Todoroki." Tokoyami stated.

Looking over at the two, Ayano knew that this match might be close. Though if Izuku ends up breaking all his limbs... he'll be thrown out of the tournament. With a sigh, she looked back down at the arena. "Looks like we'll have to wait and see what happens." She muttered.

"At this year's sports festival, both have shown top class performances!" Present Mic exclaimed, "It's like two great rivals fighting against each other! Now— Midoriya versus Todoroki! Start!"

The instant Present Mic announced the start of the match, ice rose from the ground, swiftly making it's way towards Izuku, who raised his hand up. Just before the ice reached him, it stopped, a second later, it all shattered, sending a strong wind towards the heroes sitting in the stands. Todoroki had stopped himself from flying out of the ring by creating a wall of ice to stop him from sliding back.

"Wow!" Present Mic shouted in awe, "Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!"

The same events ended up repeating over and over, Todoroki sending a wave of ice towards Izuku, and Izuku flicking it away with a gust of wind. It happened a couple more times until Todoroki made a walkway towards Izuku, and ran straight for him.

"Todoroki doesn't recoil from Midoriya's power and gets in close!" Present Mic shouted.

Izuku crushed the ice Todoroki was running on, but Izuku was too late. Once Todoroki landed on the ground, he sent Midoriya flying back and trapped his foot in climbing nice shards as he was still in the air. But from that, a tornado of wind and dust was whipped up, and Ayano had to close her eye to shield herself from the razor winds.

When she opened her eye again, she watched as the dust cleared, seeing that Todorki had saved himself from behind thrown out in just the nick of time.

He stood up, and Ayano looked closely at him, leaning over the edge as she did so. The two of them were talking, but that wasn't what caught her eye, no. Instead, she noticed that both of them were twitching, Izuku looked to be in pain, while Todoroki seemed to be more so shivering from cold. Was this the drawback from his quirk?

It seemed they were deon talking, due to Todoroki sending another wave of ice straight towards Izuku.

"Todoroki keeps attacking with overwhelming power!" Present Mic announced. "Here comes the finishing ice attack!"

Just as it looked like the ice was going to reach Midoriya, is was shattered again by another strong wind, and Todorki was sent flying back, the only thing preventing him from getting thrown out of the ring were some shards of ice he made just before he went over the line. The whole crowd was shocked, and they were watching the match in anticipation.

Izuku seemed to be saying something, but Ayano wasn't able to hear what he was saying from so far up in the stands. It must of been some speech though, because he finished by telling him to come at him with all Todoroki's got.

Todoroki lunged forwards, but Ayano noticed something, he wasn't as fast as he was before, his movements were slower than usual. It must be because half his body was covered with frost. Though just as he closed in, he was sent right back with a punch from Midoriya.

"A solid hit!" Present Mic announced. "We've got some action!"

Sluggish ice made its way towards Midoriya, and the battle went on. Present Mis was announcing every little thing that happened, but Ayano couldn't keep watching Midoriya do that to himself. She stood up from her seat and walked away from the stands just as a wind brushed past her back. As she walked along the stadium, she caught a glimpse of Todorki, more of his body was frosting up more.

If I make too many mistakes... and use my full power... She thought, covering her frozen eye with one of her hands. Todorki had it lucky, he was only getting covered with frost. She would never see out of her eye again.

A sudden hot wave made Ayano snap out of her thoughts, and she looked towards the arena. Half of Todoroki's body had been engulfed in strong flames.

"Shoto!" A voice shouted form the other side of the arena, catching the attention of almost everybody there. She looked at Endevor who was shouting encouragement. Though something seemed off about it.

Ayano watched as both Cementoss and Midnight tried to stop the fight, and soon, pillars rose up, causing a huge shock wave to hit the crowds as both boys ran into it at full strength.

Once the dust cleared, Ayano saw that Todoroki was still standing in the arena, while Izuku had fallen clean out, slumped against the wall.

"M-Midoriya is out of Bounds." Midnight announced, seeming a little hesitant. "Todoroki advances to the third round!"