Chapter 5

Ayano had changed into her gym clothes, which consisted of a black tank top, some pale blue sweats, and her gloves, and was now standing in front of a large gate with some other examinees from the auditorium.

To her left was a girl with long black hair and frog like features, To her right was a girl with more monster-like features, pink skin, lighter pink hair, and a large excited smile on her face.

There weren't really any other interesting people, a then sudden voice boomed from behind Ayano.

"Right! Let's start!" Present Mic exclaimed."Get moving! There are no countdowns in real battles! Run faster! We're wasting airtime here!"

Ayano was already running with the crowd, branching off into one of the alleyways as soon as she could. Once she was out of the crowd, she looked up, seeing a two pointer, smiling and slipping off her gloves, instead of letting the robot come to her, she lunged and brushed her hand against the robot. Ice started to spread over it. It soon was a sold block of ice, and with a hard kick, it shattered into pieces.

Looking ahead of her, she noticed a whole line-up of robots. A grin made it's way to her face and she ran forwards, her hand brushing each one of them as she passed. Once she reached the last one, she placed her hand on the ground in front of it, connecting it to the one in front of it, then going all the way behind the last one, she pushed it with her foot, letting it slide on the ice.

The whole row of robots crashed into each other and shattered. "When frozen, they're as brittle as ice." She muttered. "Now, that should put me at... 39 points. Yeah, 39 points."

She managed to get quite a few more villains in before the ground started shaking, and Ayano looked up to see a giant robot start roaming along the street. "No way. That's the Zero pointer?" Ayano whispered.

"Less than two minutes remaining!" Present Mic exclaimed over the ruckus. Looking around her, Ayano noticed most of the examinee's screaming and running for their lives, except for one. A black haired girl who was floating in front of the villain, trying to get close. Ayano watched in horror as she was swatted out of the air easily, and headed straight towards the ground.

She knew she wasn't fast enough to catch her, nor was her freezing touch useful in this situation. She would have to use her quirk's full, and main ability.

She reached with her ungloved hand and activated her quirk. Suddenly, a net made of Ice formed below the girl and caught her, the net bending slightly under her weight. "Melt." She said, balling her hand into a fist, the net melting instantly, letting the girl slowly on the ground as the water flowed down towards it, evaporating as it hit the ground.

A piercing cold overtook her, and her right ear was so cold that it felt like it was on fire. Stifling a groan of pain, she ran over to the girl and picked her up bridal style, running away from the giant villain before it made it's way to the girl and crush her. She couldn't beat that, even if she were able to get close enough to freeze it, she wouldn't be able to break it because of how large the robot was. It was best just to run away for now.

"Times up!" Present Mic exclaimed, a siren following his words. Looking behind her, she saw that the giant villain had stopped and seemed to power down. Placing the girl down gently, she let out a breath. Her ear was now just throbbing and she walked over to the window. As she moved her hair out of the way, she looked at her ear.

Ice was covering the top half of it. There was no evidence that skin was there at all. This was the downside whenever she used the full power of the combined quirk she inherited. Each time she used it, she would turn more into ice until she was completely froze, and then eventually, melt away. Neither her mom or her dad had this downside, her mom just couldn't get too hot, and her dad had no control over freezing things.

She turned and leaned on the glass and slid down, closing her eyes. This was the main reason she wanted to get into UA, she hoped that maybe, just maybe, she could find a way to delay the effects of activating her quirks full power.

"Are you alright deary?" A elderly voice asked, causing Ayano to open her eyes and see a elderly woman in front of her. She recognized her as the heart of UA, Recovery Girl.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just some scratches." Ayano said with a smile. "Mostly tired."

"Alright, Dear. Here, have some gummies." She dropped some Gummy bears into Ayano's outstretched hand, then started to walk away, treating some of the other contestants. "If you start feeling any other pain, just notify someone, alright?"

Ayano nodded and looked down at her hand, she smiled, moving her hand to her mouth and dropping the gummies in.

Standing up she walked over to the girl, who was sitting on the ground staring off into space.

"Hey, you alright? Ayano asked, crouching in front of her.

The girl looked up, "Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Thanks for saving me."

Ayano smiled, "It was no biggie. I mostly relied on instinct there." She rubbed the back of her sheepishly. "Though you feeling alright?"

The girl nodded. "Just a bit overwhelmed. I never really wanted to be a hero. Though my parents wanted me to at least try." She shook her head. "I really want to be a doctor actually."

"Well, good luck then." Ayano said, straightening up and holding out her hand. "But you might have to suffer through this a bit longer, we still have to do the written exam."

The girl looked up her and grabbed her hand, a smile on her face. "Yeah, you're right." She got herself up with the aid of Ayano and the two headed back to the auditorium.