Chapter 56

As everyone started fighting the beasts, Ayano took a deep breath.

"Aren't you going to join in, Hyida?" Kirishima asked, and Ayano looked in his direction.

"Yeah, just had to mentally prepare myself." She answered blandly before lunging forwards and biting the cloth of her glove, pulling it off. Reaching forwards, she brushed her hands against the monster. "Kirishima! Your turn!" She shouted as the red head jumped at the monster, his skin hardening right before he aimed a strong blow at the struggling beast.

"This will take a while." Ayano muttered, taking her gloves and shoving them in her skirt's waistband.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

By the time they got to the foot of the mountain, the sun was already setting.

Everyone was exhausted and beat up as the trudged out of the forest. Ayano herself felt like she was about to fall asleep at any moment.

"What do you mean, three hours?" One of them shouted.

"That's the time it would've taken us. Sorry!" Pixie-bob said.

"You were trying to boast about how much better you are? That's mean." Sato muttered.

"I'm hungry... I'm gonna die." Kirishima groaned.

Pixie-bob started laughing at the comments everyone was making. "But honestly, I thought it would take even longer. You guys didn't have as hard a time beating my earth beasts as I thought you would. You guys are great... Especially... you four!" She said, pointing towards Izuku, Bakugo, Todoroki, and Iida. "Were you able to act without hesitation because of your experience?" She licked her lips before pouncing at the four. "I'm looking forward to where you'll be in three years! I call dibs!"

Ayano chuckled as the four tried to defend themselves from Pixie-bob, who was circling them like a tiger that had spotted it's prey.

"Ayano! The tree!" Mina shouted, and Ayano snapped out of her small trance and looked at the tree she was leaning on. Already it was coated fully in a thick layer of ice.

"Whoops." Ayano muttered, removing her bare arm from the now frozen solid tree.

"You really aren't kidding when you say your bare skin can freeze by a simple touch." Kaminari said, his expression a frightened one.

"Oh don't worry." Ayano said, slipping on her gloves. "As long as I have these gloves on, and most of my skin covered, I should be fine."

"Sure..." Kaminari said.

"Why would you do that to Midoriya's scrotum?" Iida's voice got Ayano attention, and she looked towards where the kid was walking away while Izuku was kneeling over in pain.

"Well... that's one way to get attention." Ayano muttered.

"Enough with this charade. Get your stuff off the bus." Aizawa said. "Once you've put your bags in your rooms, we'll have dinner in the cafeteria. After that, you'll bathe and go to sleep. We'll start for real tomorrow. Now, move quickly."

You mean this wasn't part of the actual traning? Ayano thought. Even if she acted like the beasts and the forest didn't bother her, she was just as beat as everyone else, and she had to be honest with herself. Ayano was scared of what the next week held for them.

After grabbing their stuff and taking it to their rooms, everyone met back up in the cafeteria, where an amazing spread of food was set out before them.

Stuffing her face, Ayano didn't care about what the others thought of her at the moment. She was too tired and hungry to think about that. After dinner, it was time for a bath, thankfully, The Pussycats had put in some bath salts that prevented the water from freezeing— apparently given to them by her mom.

"This feels great!" Mina shouted.

"I love that there are hot springs here." Momo muttered.

Ayano had to agree. After getting over the slight shyness of bathing with the others. Hearing some commotion from the other side of the wall, Ayano sighed, knowing exactly who caused it.

"Mineta really is the worst, huh?" Tsuyu asked.

"Thanks, Kota!" Mina shouted.

Seeing the boy at the top of the wall, Ayano moved lower into the water, feeling it go over her shoulders, only to rise up quickly when she saw him fall back, she heard some shouts from the other side.

"Midoriya! Good going on catching him!" Iida shouted and Ayano breath out a sigh of relief. At least he didn't get hurt— hopefully.

"Well, that happened." Hagakure stated, and everyone nodded before starting to relax again.

"I'm going to get out." Ayano said. Sure, the bath was quite relaxing, but she didn't like bathing with other people. She might have to get used to it since she's there for a week, but for the time being, she didn't really want to stay.

"Aw, but we just got in!" Mina exclaimed.

"Yeah, but I think I'm done for the night. I've washed off and I just really need to get some sleep." Ayano said, getting out of the water and walking into the building.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The next morning, Ayano was standing with everyone else half asleep.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen!" Aizawa greeted. "Today, we will begin training camp to increase your strength. The goal of this training camp is to increase everyone's strength and with that, for everyone to obtain their provisional licenses. It is to prepare you all to face hostilities that are becoming more real by the minute. Proceed carefully." Pulling a softball out of his pocket, Aizawa tossed it to Bakugo. "So Bakugo, try throwing that."

"This is from the fitness test." Bakugo muttered.

"You previous record, from right after you started school was 705.2 meters. Let's see how much you've improved."

"Oh, we're checking our progress?" Mina asked excitedly.

"Since a lot happened these past three months, huh?" Sero added.

Ayano watched as Bakugo warmed up his arm moments before throwing the ball with a loud explosion.

"709.6 meters." Aizawa stated.

"Really? That's it?" Ayano asked, scratching the back of her head, looking at the shocked boy. He did not take that well. She thought.

"It's been about three months since you started school. Through various experiences, you all have definitely improved. But that improvement has mainly been at the mental and technical levels, with some increase in stamina. As you can see, your quirks themselves have not improved that much. That's why you will work on improving your quirks starting today." Aizawa smirked, looking at the now scared class. "It'll be so hard you'll feel like dying. But try not to actually die."

Ayano felt shivers go down her spine as she looked at her teacher. Man he can be scary. Sometimes I wonder why and how he's a hero. After the run down from Aizawa, everyone was told what to do and where to go, and on to day two of trancing camp they all went.