Chapter 29

"Hey Ayano, wait up, let's get lunch together!" Uraraka exclaimed.

"Alright." Ayano said, and the three headed to the lunchroom together, meeting up with Tsu and Shoji on the way.

Once she got her food, she sat down, rubbing her hands together. "I can't wait to eat! All that running really worked up my appetite!"

Uraraka laughed, "You did get a lot of food, Ayano."

"Well I'm hungry!" She complained, and after she said that her stomach growled. "What am I waiting for, let's eat!" She dug into her food, eating eagerly. Feeling the hunger in her stomach subside.

As she was eating her phone buzzed, and she checked the message that was showing on it.

From Birthgiver: "I'm so proud of you sweetie! Even if you didn't make it!"

Ayano chuckled, of course she would say that.

"Who was that?" Tsu asked.

"Oh, just my mom. She's been watching the games along with my dad. She was just telling me how proud she was of me even though I didn't make it to the next round."

"That's sweet." Uraraka stated.

Ayano nodded, and continued to eat as the people around her started to talk about random things, she noticed Kaminari and Mineta talking to girls from their class, but didn't think too much of it.

————————————

It was soon time for the festival to start again, and Ayano was standing in the stadium along with the rest of her class, people starting to file in on the sides.

"Now that lunch is over, it's finally time to reveal the last game!" Present Mic shouted. "But before that, there's good news for all of you who didn't make it to the finals! This is just a sports festival, so, we've prepared recreational games that everyone can participate in, too!"

Ayano looked up at the screen, at least she wasn't completely out of the games, though she had no idea why she was wearing the outfit she was, Kaminari and Mineta had come earlier to tell all the girls to wear cheeleader outfits, because all of the other girls from the other classes were too. Apparently that wasn't what happened.

"What are they doing?" Aizawa asked, and Ayano assumed he caught sight of her and the girls around her.

"When I get my hands on them, they're not going to feel any type of warmth until next summer." Ayano growled, a cold mist staring to surround her and her pom-poms freezing to ice in her hands.

"What's the matter, Class A? What kind of fan service is that?" Present Mic shouted.

"Mineta! Kaminari! You tricked us, didn't you!?" Momo shouted angrily at the two.

Ayano walked up to them, getting in their faces. "If you pull a stunt like this again, you two will be ending up like my Pom-poms, you hear me?" She growled, her eyes glinting angrily as a cool mist made it's way from her hands.

The two paled and moved away from her, nodding vigorously.

"Got it!" They both exclaimed.

"Good." Ayano huffed.

"All right, everyone!" Present Mic shouted, getting the attention of Ayano and everyone else, "Let's have some fun competing in the recreational games! When that's over, the sixteen from the four teams that made it to the final round will duke it out tournament style, one on one!"

"Now let's draw lots to determine the brackets!" Midnight announced, holding up a golden box. "Once the bracket is determined, we'll have the recreational games and then start! The sixteen finalists can choose wither or not they want to participate in the recreation. I'm sure some of you want to rest or save your strength. Now from the first place team-"