Chapter 39

Once Ayano got down to the field, little colorful puffs of smoke and fireworks were being set off above the stadium, and everyone- on the field, and sitting in the stands- were chatting excitedly amongst themselves. Though, Ayano did hear some bitter comments here and there, most being from class 1-B.

Midnight's voice distracted Ayano from the bitter comments from the other class and she looked up to the front where the R-rated Pro hero was standing.

"The first years have completed all of the events for the UA Sports Festival!" She announced, "Now, it's time to relax and enjoy the awards ceremony!"

Music played and even more fireworks were shot out from the stadium in a beautiful array of colorful sparks. Behind Midnight, there were bursts of smoke and confetti shot out of the ground. When the smoke started to disappear, Ayano slapped her hand over her mouth to avoid bursting out into laughter.

On the first place podium, Bakugo was strapped up against a pillar of stone, his hands cuffed together and a mouth guard over his mouth.

"He looks... looks like a capt- captured v-villain!" Ayano burst out between laughs, unable to hold in her laughter as she bent over with her hands on her knees and her eye watering. "He's acting like an animal too! This is too good! This is Bakaho everyone! In his full glory!"

"Ayano! Be quiet!" Izuku pleaded with the laughing girl, which Bakugo had noticed and was not glaring daggers at her as he kept shouting muffled profanities.

"Tenya Iida actually shares the third place award with Tokoyami." Midnight continued, "But unfortunately, he had to leave for family reasons. You gotta love to familial bonds~"

"Too bad Iida couldn't be here, he was so excited." Tsuyu stated from near Ayano.

"Yeah." Izuku agreed, a solemn look on his face.

"Aw, what's with the downcast look, Midoriya?" Ayano asked, "Let Bakaho's anger amuse you."

"Oh, you weren't there when Iida talked to Uraraka and I, were you?" Izuku asked, looking up at Ayano.

The girl stopped laughing, and looked down at her friend. "Something happened, didn't it?" She asked quietly.

Izuku just nodded, and Ayano felt it wasn't best for her to pry at that moment. "You can tell me later." She said, looking back up at Midnight. Izuku just nodded, also looking in front of the two.

"Now, let's bring out the hardware!" Midnight announced. "Of course, there's only one person worthy of distributing the awards!" She pointed her hand towards the top of the stadium just above one of the screens and Ayano listened as a finalist laugh made it's way to her ears.

"All Mights up there!" Someone from the crowd exclaimed.

"Citizens! I am here!" All Might shouted as he jumped from the top of the stadium to the field where all the students were standing.

"All Might, the Number 1 hero!" Midnight introduced.

Like he needs an introduction. Ayano thought to herself, listening as the crowed talked about the first years being lucky that All Might was their teacher.

"So now that you're here All Might, why don't we continue with the celebration." Midnight stated, holding up some medals to All Might.

All Might nodded and took the bronze medal and walked up to Tokoyami with a small chuckle. "Young Tokoyami. You showed great strength out there." All Might complimented as he placed the medal around the crow headed teen.

"Your words humble me." Tokoyami said.

"However." All Might said, pulling Tokoyami not a hug. "You have more training to do in order to fight against different types of villains. You're not going to be able to rely on your quirk in every battle you face." After that, All Might went to grab the silver medal, this time walking up to Todoroki.

"Young Todorki, congratulations. I'm assuming there's a reason you didn't use your left side, though it cost you the finals."

Todoroki muttered something, but Ayano wasn't able to make out what he said, it was obviously something important to him, since Ayano could easily see the determined look on the boy's face.

"Hm, I've never seen this look on your face before." All Might said, pulling Todoroki into a hug. "I won't ask for details, but trust yourself, I'm sure you'll work things out."

Finally, All Might NWT and grabbed the golden medal, moving towards Bakugo, who was still struggling against his restraints.

"Now Young Bakugo... huh. This is a little much." All Might stated as he reached forwards to take off the mouth guard. "Well you did what you said you'd do in the pledge. You're true to your word."

I have a feeling taking off that mouth guard was a bad idea. Ayano thought to herself with a small amused smile on her face.

"All Might." Bakugo growled angrily, "Winning first place this way, doesn't prove I'm the best one here! Even if the world considers me the winner, I refuse to accept it like this!"

Man, if I didn't know him, I'd assume he was a villain. Ayano thought to herself,

"In a world where we're constantly being compared to one another, there are very few who keep their eyes focused on the top spot. You're one of them." All Might said, trying to be inspirational. "Please accept this medal, even if you think of it as a scar. Something you'll never forget."

"I don't want that piece of garbage!" Bakugo shouted.

Ayano kept her laughter in as she watched All Might struggle to put the medal around Bakugo's neck, eventually, Bakugo just ended up holding it between his teeth angrily.

"Here they are, this years sports festival winners! But listen closely, any of you first years could of ended up standing on these podiums. Think about what you've done today. You've challenged each other, learned, and climbed even closer toward your goals of being Pros! I think the next generation of hero's is turning out to be the most promising one yet!" All Might said, rising his finger in the air with his grin on his face getting wider. "So I have one more thing to say, I want to hear everyone yell it with me! You know what it is!"

The crowd and All Might apparently had different things on their mind, All Might said something about good work, and the crowd cheered Plus Ultra. The crowd was obviously confused and All Might just said something about how everyone did a good job. Ayano wasn't really listing anymore, tiredness had hit her like a truck.

We still have to head back to home room, don't we. Well, let's get that over with so I can sleep. Ayano thought, watching as Midnight dismissed all the first years.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Nice work, you have the next two day of school off to recuperate." Aizawa stated from the front of the classroom. "I'm sure the Pros who watched the festival will wanna recruit some of you. We'll look at the drafts and update you on your return. Get some rest, you still have a lot of training."

"Yes sir." The class responded, and Ayano just murmered her response, wanting to just sleep.

Once Aizawa dismissed everyone, Ayano stood up from her desk and placed her hand over her mouth in a yawn. "Well, I'll be seeing you Midoriya, Uraraka." She said, making her way to the door.

"Wait, don't you want to hear about what happened to Iida?" Izuku asked, only concern in his voice.

Ayano looked back at the green haired boy, keeping a soft smile on her face. "I'll find out soon enough. It feels wrong hearing it from someone who isn't him, especially since it seems like a very personal matter. So I'll just wait until I hear about it from him." Turning back around, Ayano headed out of the classroom and sighed.

Man am I ready to fall asleep once I get home.