Chapter 43

"Alright, what's the main rule to remember when fighting people half blind?" Blind Side asked, standing in a small training dojo with Ayano and a couple other newly appointed sidekicks of hers. she and Blind Side had come back from the patrol not to long ago. All of the sidekicks that Blindside picked had either a quirk that caused them to go half blind, or had an injury that made them half blind.

"Beat the enemy down!" One of the sidekicks offered up.

"Strike first, ask questions later!" Another sidekick shouted.

Blind Side sighed, "While those re good things to remember, those are not the main things you need to remember. Frostbite, do you have a suggestion?"

"Oh! Um... maybe keep your enemy in your sight?" Ayano asked.

"Correct!" Blind Side exclaimed. "Now, it might be difficult with having a total blind spot on one whole side, but with proper training and strategies, beating an enemy shouldn't be that hard. Now, watch me." She spread her feet to make a solid base and suddenly she was bouncing from one side to another. "Can anyone tell me what I'm doing?" Blind Side asked.

"You're... moving from side to side... to..." A rather shy sidekick said, her hand raised slightly. "To keep your range of sight larger."

blind Side looked at the sidekick, a soft smile on her face as she slowed to a stop. "You're correct, Bulls Eye." Blind Side complimented. "By moving from side to side, not only are you making yourself a moving target that makes, you're also keeping your enemy in your sight, even if they go on your blind side. Now, Frostbite," She reached up and pressed a button on her mask, a small plate connected to her mask moved to cover her red eye, "Try to attack me."

The other sidekicks took a couple steps back, leaving Ayano to face Blind Side alone.

Getting into a fighting stance, Ayano lunged towards the sidestepping Hero, aiming an attack towards the hero's blinded side. Though just before she was about to make contact, Blind Side grabbed onto Ayano's arm and flipped her to the side that wasn't blinded, allowing Blind Side to have placed Ayano in her sight.

"Now, as you all could see, by side stepping, I was able to see Frostbite even though she had aimed for my blind side. And since I was able to see her, I could counter attack and put her onto a side I could see her." Blind Side looked towards Ayano, and gave her a hand up.

"Thanks." Ayano stated, using the support and standing up. She was extremely happy that she had just learned a move to help with her blinded side. And knowing Blind Side, she had to know more moves. She walked back to where the new sidekicks were standing, and started listening as Blind Side taught more fighting moves. After learning a few, it seemed that Blind Side focused more on placing someone who was at a disadvantage to an advantage.

After teaching everyone a bit more on battle moves, Blind Side dismissed them all.

"Frostbite, I want you to stay." Blind Side called after Ayano, "I want to talk to you about something."

"Oh... okay." Ayano stated, stopping on her way to the door with the sidekicks and made her way to stand in front of Blind Side.

After waiting a minute before all the sidekicks left, Blind Side started to talk. "I want to fight you one on one with no witnesses."

"What- right now?" Ayano asked, taken aback by the sudden request.

"Yeah! You're interning under me for the next week. I need to know more about you than what I saw from the Sports Festival. Every trick, skill, strategy- and over all- I need to find out the drawbacks and flaws of your quirk."

"Okay... when do we start?" She asked.

"Now!" Blind side exclaimed, the cover on her mask flipping and covering her blue eye, shooting fire in Ayano's direction.

Letting out a shout of surprise, Ayano jumped to the side, barely dodging the stream of fire shooting in her direction. Once she landed, Ayano raised her hand and acted fast, pressing the button on her glove palm and having water shoot her way. Before she could freeze it though, it was manipulated away from her and Ayano looked at Blind Side and saw that her blue eye was now showing.

"You can't depend on the water you're making." Blind Side lectured, sending the water Ayano's way.

Reaching towards the water, the small rings on Ayano's gloves opened up to expose her bare skin and freezing the water that was sent back at her.

"Because going up an opponent who can manipulate said water- you're at a disadvantage." She stated, flipping her vision and shooting fire at the ice, melting it to the ground. "And someone who can generate and control fire can melt any ice you create."

Damn. She's right. I'm at a double advantage here. Ayano thought as she gritted her teeth. I need to think of a plan. Moving around the room, Ayano bounced around as she dodged the waves of attacks blindSide was sending at her.

"Come on Frostbite, think! What will bring your disadvantage to an advantage!" Blind Side shouted, sending a stream of water at Ayano.

In the split second before the water hit Ayano, she thought of a sudden plan. Reaching forwards swiftly, the rings in her gloves opened up an Ayano froze the water around her hand, creating a club-shaped shape of solid ice. It was large, but not too heavy.

"Get ready! 'Cause I'm about to beat you down!" Ayano shouted, heading straight for Blind Side. As she was running, the blocky club shape cracked and broke off in a few places, almost as if it was being manipulated to do so. The end result becoming a claw-like hand, the tips of the sharp fingers extending only an inch longer than the tips of her own fingers. Stopping a foot in front of Blind Side, she reached forwards and flicked the Pro Hero's mask off.

"Checkmate." She stated, a smirk appearing on her face.

Once Blind Side realized what had happened, a smile made it's way onto her face. "Guess you beat me. But that fight gave me some interesting things about your quirk."

"What about it?"

"Well, it's not what you think it is." The energetic hero stated, her duel colored eyes staring down at Ayano.

"What do you mean? It's not what I think it is?"

"It's not your parent's quirks separated, they actually did combine into a new quirk. But without the proper knowledge of what it is, you're straining yourself when you create things with your ice, thus causing your body to start turning into ice- and don't ask how I know about that drawback, I saw it in your student file when looking to request your internship."

"Then, what is my actual quirk?" Ayano asked.

"You're actual quirk is Ice Manipulation."