Chapter 45

The next mourning, Ayano woke up to some quiet chatter.

Sitting up in her bed, she rubbed her eyes groggily and yawned, looking around, she noticed that almost all the sidekicks were up and getting ready.

"Oh! Frostbite! Morning!" A sidekick exclaimed, looking towards Ayano.

"Morning..." Ayano mumbled, moving to sit on the edge of her bed. She slipped on her slippers and grabbed her costume. "I'm gonna get changed." She dragged herself out of the bed and into the bathroom. After going thorough her morning routine, she stepped out of the bathroom, more awake than before.

"All Right! Everyone gather around for Patrol assignments!" One of the sidekicks- who seemed to be Blind Side's main sidekick- exclaimed, standing by the doorway with papers in her hand.

Ayano followed lead of the other sidekicks, standing around the one at the doorway.

"I wonder what Eagle Eye has for patrols." One of the sidekicks wondered out loud.

"Shh, be quiet and you'll find out." Another sidekick shushed.

"Alright everyone, Listen up closely for your names!" Eagle eye exclaimed, and she started to list off name of sidekicks, Ayano kept herself alert for her name, and it wasn't until the last grouping that she heard it.

"The last patrol will be Frostbite, Bulls Eye, and me with Miss Blind Side. Everyone who didn't get their name called will be on desk duty for today."

There were some disappointed groans as people filed out the door, and Ayano glanced up at Eagle Eye and Bulls Eye.

"Well, Frostbite, come with us. We don't want to keep Blind Side waiting, right?"

"Of course not!" Ayano exclaimed, and the three of them headed towards the lobby, where Blind Side was already waiting.

"Ah, glad you got here you three! Let's get on out there!"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

After a while of patrolling, Ayano found herself getting instructed by the hustle and bustle of the city around her, though the sound of an alarm broke her out of her thoughts. Looking towards Blind Side, Ayano watched as the Pro hero looked back at the three of them, a smile on her face.

"Well Frostbite, ready for some hero work?" She asked.

Ayano looked at her, a smile on her face and determination showing in her eyes. "Of course!" She exclaimed, and with that, the four of them started running towards the sounding alarm.

After some running, the group found themselves standing in front of a bank, a blaring alarm sounding. They ran up the stairs to see that the enternace was blocked by some type of quirk. Ayano watched as Blindside reached her hand forwards feeling the substance blocking the entryway.

"It's some type of sand. I can't get through this with my quirk, Frostbite, I think you'll be of use here."

Ayano looked up towards Blind Side's then nodded. Moving past the pro hero, Ayano reached towards the sand and touched her hand to it. She watched as the particles of sand froze until the whole doorway was frozen. She kept her hand on the surface for a bit longer until she was sure that it had frozen all the way through. After pulling her hand away, Ayano moved to kick the ice down, only to be stopped.

"Manipulate it." Blind Side said, and Ayano looked at her in disbelief. There was a bank robbery going on at the moment and she wanted Ayano to spend time one manipulating the ice? Seeming to understand her confusion, Blind Side started to explain her reasoning. "If it's sand, we risk getting buried under it once it's broken, or have the sand just fill the entrance back up again. Focus on making a tunnel that'll hold the sand securely away from us."

Finally understanding, Ayano nodded and took a deep breath, "Here goes it." She muttered to herself, reaching forwards she focused on a picture in her head. Smooth ice creating a tunnel for the four of them to walk through. After a minute, her eyes widened as she watched the ice take the shape she was thinking of. After a minute or two more, the ice had full made a tunnel leading to the inside of the bank, securely holding the sand up from falling on the group.

"Good job Ayano, now, let's bust some perps!" Blind Side exclaimed.