Chapter 20

"I promise, I'm fine!" Ayano said, looking at both of her parents who were standing on each side of her hospital bed. She had been moved out of the ER and into a room for herself.

It had been a day since the whole attack on the USJ, and Ayano had gotten most of her energy back. Enough to sit up in her bed and stay conscious for hours at a time, but she still needed to stay in in the bed while the wound on her stomach healed, she had heard from her parents that UA had canceled school, so she wasn't missing anything by being in the hospital, and the doctors said that after some more treatment from people with healing quirks, she would be able to head back to school.

"But you almost died!" Her mom exclaimed, her eyes watering, "I can't believe we weren't there for you! And look, my little girl is hurt!"

"Mom! Stop fussing over me!"

"Are you sure you're okay, sweetie?" Her dad asked.

"I'm sure. I mean, I'm really tired and a bit sore, but I'm honestly fine." She felt like a broken record, but with her parents acting like this, they just never listened the first few times.

"I'm sorry, but it's time for Miss Hyida's treatment." A doctor said, standing in the doorway.

Ayano's parents looked over towards him.

"Alright. We'll come visit you tomorrow, alright princess?" Her dad said.

Ayano nodded, "Alright." She gaged them a smile, and they both smiled sadly back and exited the room.

The doctor entered the room after that and he hovered his hands over where Ayano's wound was, a soft golden light emitting from his hand.

There was a tingling feeling where her wound was and Ayano yawned, feeling Extreamly tired.

"That's all for now, We'll change your bandages later. Get some sleep for now." He instructed, pulling his hand away as Ayano moved to lay down, as soon as she was comfortable, she fell asleep.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A day later, Ayano was free to leave the hospital, since the majority of her injuries had been healed, and her stamina was back to normal. Though she would have to get regular check ups for the next month and a half.

"I'm so glad you're all better!" Her mom exclaimed, wrapping her arms around Ayano. "But I think they're letting you go too soon."

"They said they healed me all that they could." Ayano Stated, then chuckled, "Though I'm glad I got better in time for school starting back up tomorrow."

"No. You are not going to school tomorrow." He mom said, pulling away from the hug and her gaze hardening. "You need to rest at home for a day."

"Mom." Ayano said with a sigh. "If I don't go to school tomorrow, my friends will worry. And the doctor said I was fine going to the school if I don't overexert myself."

Her dad placed a hand on her shoulder. "Come on Kisa." He said. "Let her go to school. I doubt she'll get hurt, especially after everything that happened a few days ago."

"But... Ryo...."

"I'll be fine mom." Ayano reassured.

Her mom looked at her, and sighed. "Fine, but if you feel any pain, you're going straight to Recovery Girl, all right? And I'll drive you to school tomorrow!"

"No. I'm fine taking the train. You have your job to do."

"Let's just head home, alright?" Her dad asked, ushering the two towards the car.

They soon arrived at the house,and Ayano headed upstairs and into her room, going straight to her bed.

"Oh how I have missed you!" She exclaimed, looking up at the poster of heroes she had above her bed. She had experienced things that they went through daily. What her own parents went through daily.

Sitting up in her bed, she hugged her pillow, becoming a hero had been her dream since she was a child, but she only ever thought about the popularity and the chance to fight evil doers. She never thought about how hard, or how bad it would be. Her parents mostly fought petty criminals, and they didn't get hurt that often. There has been one question that has been circulating her head for the past few days.

Do I even want to be a hero anymore?

It was painful, and she knew if she did become a hero, she would be in more situations like the one she had just been in. Standing up, she mindlessly walked to the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror, one eye staring back at her.

She had decided to keep half of her face wrapped up in bandages, it's not that it needed to be, she just didn't want to see what was underneath it.

What will it benefit me to become a hero? Money? Fame?

Ayano took a deep breath, she knew why she wanted to become a hero. She wanted to help people, to save the ones who can't save themselves. Looking at her reflection, she saw that only determination shown in her eye. "Being a hero is still my dream. No matter what, I will succeeded."

That's right. I'm going to be a hero. She thought, a grin making it's way to her face.