52nd Blow

Author's Note: Ngayon lang ako makakapagpost. Ngayon lang din kasi ako nabakante. Things got pretty busy and hectic ngayong papalapit na ang pasko. More reasons to complete tasks and work before ang holiday break.

Thrust Me Harder song of the day: 전쟁이야 by 엠블랙

--------

Why? Why keep the truth from me? Bakit hinayaan niyang magalit na naman ako sa kanya kahit na wala siyang kasalanan? Why is he taking the blame again?

I was in the depth of my thoughts when I saw a pair of feet in front of me. I raised my head and saw Shekainah staring at me with tears in her eyes.

"Can we talk?" She mouthed back. I don't understand why she can't say a word to me. Nahihiya ba siya sa ginawa niya? Ngayon pa ba? When Tanner clearly took all the blame from her?

And that guy! Why didn't he told me anything?! Noong una, kay Tyler and now, kay Shekainah.

I nodded before closing the scroll and stood straight in front of her. I wiped away my tears and met her eyes. It was a surprise attack when I read her name on the scroll. Out of all people around me, siya ang kahuli-hulihang tao na inaasahan kong maglalagay sa akin sa sitwasyong 'to.

But one thing for sure, she did it for a reason. Hindi unreasonable ang Shekainah na nakilala ko. She cares for everyone and loves everyone more than herself.

Her eyes watered when I was already facing of her. I forced a smile at her. "Hey, don't cry. You didn't do anything wrong."

"A-Are you okay?"

I nodded, "yeah. Kinda? I'm shocked? No, maybe shock is an understatement. But don't worry. I'll be fine. I'm just wondering why. Why did you do that?"

"Dee, I'm sorry," she lowered her head and her tears dropped to the sand. "I did that to protect you. When I wrote your name on the scroll, my intentions was to protect you. Loansharks were after you. Being a royal jade would give you the protection you needed."

I knew it. She has her reasons for writing my name on the scroll.

So, mali pala ang akala ko. I thought it was Tanner who paid my father's loans. It turns out that it was the triad who did it.

I guess that makes me owe my freedom to them now.

I held her chin and made her look at me, "hey. None of these is your fault." I wiped her tears. "You shouldn't be crying for me. I know you're aware of how life has been in this group since you're family is a part of this triad. It must have been hard for you. You had your fair share of hardships too Shekainah. I understand it now. Thank you for saving me."

Imagining how she lived her life here, it must have been hard for her. Even if she's not the royal jade, she's the mountain master's daughter. She's exposed to great danger too same as her father since the day she was born.

Instead from stopping herself from crying, she cried even more. I embraced her and cooed her while rubbing her back.

"Aigoo, our Shekainah must had lived a hard life. She must be so happy living with his husband. I know your life must be at peace with Tyler. Stop crying now, neh?" I encouraged her to smile by giving her my sincerest smile but she hugged me once more, flooding my shoulder with her tears.

Seeing me here must have reminded her of those hard times she had to endure here. Now, I understood why she had to be a working student and why she was alone in the Philippines. If she indeed wanted a peaceful life, being alone in a foreign land would likely be the best temporary solution. I don't think she can live a peaceful life while Tito Kade is still the mountain master.