40th Blow

Author's Note: Writing will always be my escape to reality.

READ BETWEEN THE LINES! *winks* We're already half-way the story and there's still so much in store for you that you didn't know! For a fact, crucial 'tong chapter na 'to so I suggest for you to read between the lines then you'll know what I mean.

Thrust Me Harder song of the day:  기억의 노래 (A Song of Memories) by Sandara Park, Han Jae Suk / 산다라박, 한재석

PS: This chapter is written under Shekainah's POV. This is initially part of the manuscript. I was only planning to upload chapters here under Dee's POV but I think this one is needed for you to understand what's going on. Enjoy!

--------

Shekainah's POV

"What are we gonna do now?" I asked him when the dragon head was out of our sight.

"Should you really be asking me that question?" He sighed. "Her full custody is now on the dragon head. I can't do anything against his decisions. Mas mataas pa rin siya sa akin."

"For a fact, you can still do something about it." Sabay kaming napalingon kay Kuya na mukhang hindi sinundan sila daddy. "You can do something about it Jionni."

"What?"

"Appoint yourself as her protector." Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang dahil doon.

"What? Are you nuts kuya?! No! The position of the sworn protector was the reason why I gave up my position as the royal jade!"

Kuya's eyes squinted on me, "then can you think of another solution in this situation?" Natahimik ako nang ibato niya sa akin ang tanong na iyon. "Tell me Shekainah. Come to think of it, it was you who placed her in your position. Ikaw ang naglagay sa kanya sa sitwasyong 'to. Ikaw ang gumawa ng paraan para maialis siya dito."

Napaiwas ako ng tingin kay Kuya. I'm guilty of his accusations. Kasalanan ko kung bakit nasa magulong sitwasyon ngayon si Dee.

Tinapik ni Jionni ang balikat ni Kuya, "Shaun, walang mangyayari sa atin kung magsisisihan lang tayong lahat. It's already here. All we have to do is to face it."

Nabalot ng katahimikan ang lahat. Sa sitwasyon namin ngayon, ang pagharap sa mga problema ang tanging solusyon na nakikita ko. There's no sense on running away. This will continue haunting us not until one surrenders or one will not be declared defeated.

My eyes turned to Jionni who's talking to someone on the phone. Probably, he's talking to Dee as he tries to calm her. More than anyone of us here, si Dee ang pinakanaguguluhan. She doesn't even know anything about our lifestyle.

"Maghanda ka. Lilipad tayo papuntang Hong Kong." Sabi ni Kuya habang nakatitig kay Jionni. "We have to think of a way out of this."

"Kuya, I can't leave. Yung pamilya ko--"

"It will be safer if you won't bring your family along. Huwag mong ipapaalam kay Tyler ang mga nangyayari."

"Kuya, minsan na naming pinag-awayan si Jionni. Ayokong mag-away kami ulit ng dahil sa kanya."

"The lesser they know about the situation, the safer it is for them." I can feel the frustration in Kuya's tone. "Just this once Shekainah. Makinig ka sa akin. I committed that mistake once. I don't want to repeat that mistake once again."

I know she's pertaining about Yelena. Hanggang ngayon, hindi pa rin nakikita si Ate Yelena. I don't know if he had a lead of her whereabouts but I can feel that he's starting to lose hope regarding their situation.