Make It Real - Chp 28 [Melissa]

“What’s up with her?” Liam murmured low by the doorway.

“I can hear you!” I sang back sarcastically, agitated at everyone and anything as I let myself drop heavily on mum’s new white leather lounge.

“She’s still in Hulk mode so it’s definitely not time for deep and meaningful, so you’re up buddy!” Erin declared brightly with relief as she pat her brother on the shoulder before walking out.

“Hey!” Liam cried out in protest “Where are you going?”

“To Eli’s!”

I snorted “They’ve got to be shagging each other by now.” I muttered sinking lower on the couch as I folded my arms wanting to sulk and smash things, it being exactly why my first phase when something goes up shit creek – this phase – was called Hulk mode.

“Shagging?” Liam asked bemused “What are you? A Brit?” he asked as he jumped over the back of the lounge and falling beside me an ‘off’.

I narrowed my eyes as I still glared down the TV screen “No,” I sulked “I’ve just been watching the British Comedy Channel.” I mumbled childishly.

“Without me?” Liam cried incredulously, gasping in mock hurt.

“My dad had another kid again.” I muttered as if he has said nothing, I couldn’t hold it in any moment and I was about ready to explode from keeping it in.

“Oh.” Liam murmured, his smile gone.

I sighed “It shouldn’t surprise me.” I muttered “I mean it’s what? Their third kid?” I asked bitterly as I curled my legs up from beneath me.

“Would you want to meet them?” Liam asked gently, curious still.

I snorted “No, I already hate them.” Because they are loved and remembered I added on silently to myself.

“Well you’ve come out on top!” Liam declared brightly.

I shot him a bunched up expression “How am I out of all of this coming out on top?” I asked incredulously.

“Well it’s like Cinderella right?” I shot him a pointed look “Erin was watching some adult version of it on TV.” He argued you back defensively making my lips twitch “I mean the stepsisters or whatever, bitchy step mom and all that crap.” He explained yammering away “Anyways, you’ve already gotten past and avoided all their drama and bullying and” he stressed with a wide cheeky smile “you’ve already found your prince.”

My eyes narrowed as I pegged a pillow at his head, he ducked before rolling backwards off the lounge and hitting the ground. I gasped, suppressing laughter as I leant over the edge at him splattered upon the ground and glaring up at me, ready to attack.

I held up my hands innocently “Kick your ass in Wii tennis?” I held up the remote.

Liam’s eyes lit up “My Princess,” he cried dramatically “you simply just get me!” he cried making me giggle as I hoisted him up off the floor and though  he didn’t know it, letting him win.