Make It Real - Chp 10 [Melissa]

“Mel? Are you home?” a voice shouted out in the empty foyer of the house, the words echoing off the walls.

I blatantly ignored it until I was unable to ignore them anymore as they stood right before me, watching me as I sat on my bedroom floor curled up as I just watched the breeze rustle and sway through the leaves in the tree outside, my willow tree.

“Mel?” they whispered again, softly, cautiously.

“What are you doing here? I was expecting Ez.” I murmured my voice a monotone.

I listened as Liam’s footsteps grew softly and slowly towards me as he approached me cautiously as if I was some rabid beast he had to tread carefully about. “I wanted to see you, is that….is that okay?” he asked again, worry there.

I sighed softly to myself “What does it matter.” I muttered.

“I haven’t…..I haven’t seen you in a while.” He said softly lowering himself to the ground to sit beside me.

I shrugged “Mum’s been busy….with paperwork and all ya know?”I muttered with a bored tone.

Silence held us for a moment.

“I miss you, you know? I miss talking to you about The Simpsons, Ez is no fun watching it.” He muttered sourly like a five year old to me.

I smiled at that as I snorted “I can imagine.” I said dryly as I picture it.

“Please tell me you’ll start coming back around home again.” He pleaded.

I shook my head, I couldn’t answer him that. It wasn’t a promise I could make to him. After all of this…..

“It’s alright Mel, just take your time.” He murmured softly reaching out and holding my hand.

                                                ೋ

As soon as I saw Eli and Ez turn around walking down the car park to Eli’s car I spun around with a huge goofy grin before swatting Liam fairly on the chest. “Ow!” he cried holding his chest and rubbing it, though seeing his cute fake pout I could even tell that was fake and played up in itself.

I gave him a cheeky grin before jumping up on the time squealing “Guess what? Guess what? Guess what?”

Liam’s eyes went up in down as he watched me jumped before him, an amused smirk on his sexy face “What?”

I stopped jumping up and down as I folded my arms in a huff as I frowned “Your no fun.” I mumbled.

“Aww put a smile on that face of yours sweet cheeks.” Liam teased reaching out and running his thumb along my cheek causing my breath to shatter and quiver shakily as instead of leaning away as I planned I leant in.