Make It Real - Chp 12 [Melissa]

“Hey! What are you doing down here?” a familiar voice shouted out behind me.

Turning around with a teasing smile on my face I shrugged innocently “You know, it’s an ice cream shop so I thought maybe I’d grab some toilet paper.” I teased.

Liam chuckled at me “You’re such a comedian; maybe someday someone might actually laugh at your jokes.” He teased.

I gasped in mock offence shoving him in the side playfully “That was mean I pouted.”

Liam smiled faintly, shaking his head “No, what’s mean is that pout of yours. For making me feel guilty, as if I crushed your dreams.” He murmured with a smile.

I shrugged innocently “Don’t ever doubt a girls power.” I said with a cheeky smile as I made my way to the counter.

But before I could speak, Liam beat me to it “Can I have a mango, and one chocolate.” He asked of the girl behind the counter.

I turned to him smiling “I can’t believe you remember such random junk about me.” I admitted, on the inside I was jumping for joy that he could remember even the smallest details about me. “You didn’t have to pay for that either.” I said softly as I fought back a huge smile that would tell him how giddy I was by such a simple action.

“Anything for my princess.” He smiled, handing me my mango ice cream.

                                                         ೋ

I hadn’t realized how utterly dull a party was when you were utterly sober, single, had no male paying the slightest attention and no one to dance with, including your best friend. I also realized for the first time how much you miss when you’re absolutely drunk, the little passes or glimpses that go unnoticed, the secrets that become unleashed once alcohol turns the shyest of people into courageous individuals. With all that I was noticing just by sitting on the outskirts I was tempted to become the next Gossip Girl.

Musing happily to the thoughts I drank on my soft drink fighting back a pout. I had promised myself that I wasn’t going to drink even the smallest of drops of alcohol; I was trying to act mature and to show Liam that I wasn’t just some loose alcoholic. However I was regretting the smallest part, I mean you could still be mature even when drinking alcohol so really my plan wasn’t the most….appropriate nor realistic. What I should had made myself promise was that for now on I acted a little less wild when it came to the party scene.

Chucking the drink begrudgingly over my shoulder in the sink I sighed in annoyance. Walking out of the kitchen and over to the rim of the dance floor I spotted a whole bunch of girls dancing, I however wasn’t in the slightest paying attention to them. Because right in front of me was the biggest shock of my life; Erin and Eli dancing on the dance floor like love struck fools.