Make It Real - Chp 3 [Erin]

“Hey!” I cried in a whine “I'm not playing!” my ten year old self cried in complaint as Liam declared me in for an edited version of murder in the dark.

It was Liam’s party for his own mates to come over and stay the night for his “man” birthday. As a result of the house being filled with over five guys my age that had boy germs I convinced my mum to let me get Mel over for moral support. Little did I know that Mel would be the one to suggest the game. Traitor.

“C’mon E! It will be fun! We can show them how awesome girls really are!” Mel declared putting her hands on her hips with a proud look on her face making my lips twitch.

“I don’t know…. I'm not really good at this game.” I said tentatively biting my bottom lip with nerves.

“You can be my partner, Liam you can go with Mel right? I'll go with Ez.” Eli declared. I looked up at him; he had a soft and soothing smile on his face. “C’mon let’s show em how good we are, eh?” he suggested holding his hand.

Tentatively I slid my hand into his and we proved them wrong hand in hand.

                                                  ೋღ♥ღೋೋღ♥ღೋೋღ♥ღೋೋღ♥ღೋೋღ♥ღೋೋღ♥ღೋ

The slamming of the lockers all around me in the echoing and combust halls should have made me jump with a startle. However in all honesty I was just used to it. Welcome to Epping High School I thought dismally. This was the school I was going to be attending ‘till the end of next year. Welcome to the place that I had basically spent the majority of my life for the past five years or such.

The hall was growing quieter as everyone practically ran squealing and running with glee to race to the outside grass and tables for lunch. It was only autumn so it wasn’t like it was too cold to be outside and fooling around; we after all were craving vitamin D.

“Hello? Earth to Erin Cormack!” my head snapped up harshly.

Now that did startle me, I jumped my breath caught “Oh, hi Adam.” I said breathlessly with a smile of apology as I clutched my heart. “What’s up?” I asked my neck craning up to meet his eyes, he was just so tall.

He smiled at how short I was, Adam often teased me because of it. Adam being a friend of both Liam’s and Eli’s.

He shrugged happily “Not much, listen Ms Vinson told me to tell you she has some new books in and you’ve got first priority. So….run.” he urged teasingly.

I laughed as a picture of thirty thousand people lining up and pushing to reach those books before me. I snorted at my imagination; the library would have about five people in there right now and the chances of anyone else rushing to see the new books were mission impossible.

And yet that was how I found myself rushing towards the library in almost a sprint as I called back over my shoulder “Thank you Adam!” he just laughed at me, and I smiled as I rushed for another intoxicating book that would be more beautiful than anything else in life I’ve ever knew.

***

“Oh and you can have that back.” I said handing her over a book as I clutched two new ones to my chest. If only she let me borrow more.

“I should’ve guessed you’d finish it.” Ms. Vinson said in amusement, her grey gentle eyes sparkling.

I laughed shrugging blushing slightly at the utter and complete book nerd I was “Well thank you, if this one’s good I'll have to buy it.” I said. She laughed at me, she always enjoyed laughing and chatting animatedly over books together, I could do it for years. “Thanks.” I called again as I closed the door behind me.