Make It Real - Chp 39 [Erin]

“Come here silly.” Eli chortled with a smile as he curled a finger giving me a come-hither motion.

I screwed up my nose “I don’t trust you.” I said watching him through narrowed calculating eyes “You’re going to break that paint bomb on me.” I murmured slowly my gaze never wavering.

We were out in my backyard trying out one of those quirky art tasks I loved to do on the weekends, it was just Eli and I and I was giddy with excitement. Eli loved the do these art tasks with me so it was no surprise he wanted to do this one with me. Getting down and dirty… my thoughts suddenly became dirty.

“I promise, wont.” He vowed a hand on his chest as he pulled the paint bomb behind his back “Anyway, where did you get this idea from?” he asked as he turned back to the large canvas I had just bought.

“Umm,” I blushed nervously running my fingers through my hair “from Princesses Diaries.” I admitted feeling slightly embarrassed, was he going to think I was little girl for saying that?

“I thought so.” he murmured with a smug smile for knowing me so well.

I rolled my eyes, the plan was we had a huge canvas with balloons full of paint – I chose neon colors – tapped to the top of the canvas and other places. Than we’d get darts and throw at the paint bombs to make them splatter and run down in rivers on the canvas. I was so utterly excited to try it; it looks so much fun and utterly stunning.

I narrowed my eyes on him as he took a step towards me “I still don’t trust you.”

He chuckled rolling his eyes “You’ve got something on your face; I was just trying to wipe it away.” He murmured taking another step as he put a hand on my hip gluing my body to his, my breath hitched and my body shuddered under his warm breath tickling my cheek.

“Oh.” I murmured stupidly, feeling breathless.

“Here.” He murmured his breath tickling my cheek as with the pad of his thumb he wiped at this apparent smudge on my nose. Why must he smell so delicious?

I had felt like we’d been here for hours on end and yet in the same moment like time had stood still. I watched as his hands moved – both this time – my breath catching and I reacted out of pure instincts. I’d grown up with a brother and this guy who used to see me as that annoying little girl of his best friend, the ones I was best friends with but also who used to tease me the next minute. I instantly thought he was going to smash that paint bomb he still held on the top of my head.

As quick as a whip I pulled the one up from my hands and smashed it down on the top of his head just as both of his hands had cupped my face and his leant in. Was he going to kiss me? I thought alarmed freaking out as paint soaked into his hair and dribbled down the side of his face, looking like I’d slapped him in the face. He went to kiss you and you smash a paint bomb on the top of his head! I berated myself ready to beat the liven shit out of myself and do some serious screaming.

I gave him an impish grin “I love you?”

        ೋ