Make It Real - Chp 21 [Erin]

“Oh gobstoppers! Can I have one? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease?” I begged and pleaded with the boys as they walked in and threw themselves down at the table.

I sat my book down and aside as I looked up, forgetting the book as I looked at their bag full of sweets that made me drool. I seriously just wanted some sweets, what else would an eight year old want?

Liam rolled his eyes as he threw another sweet in his mouth “Nup.” He said smugly with a Kermit the frog like grin.

“Why not?” I whined, reaching out my hand and batting my lashes.

“Because, I paid for them.” He said back with that know it all voice of his.

“But I’m your sister!” I cried throwing my hands up in the air, aggravated.

“Yeah, my annoying sister!” he threw back as he ate another one.

“Annoying? I’m not annoying! Why? What’d I do?” I demanded, unsure if I wanted to cry or scream at him for being so mean. Just because he won our maths test the other day in class didn’t make him any better.

“Because you….you suck!” he declared fighting for a reason “So just go back and finish reading your book!”

I stuck out my tongue at him before sulking and pulling open my book to read it, hiding behind the book to cover my cheeky little smile. Because with one hand under the table Eli was sliding sweets into my hand.

                                                ೋ

When did I become so different? I mused to myself as I stared at myself in the mirror, getting ready for tonight that hopefully be the last night of hell before everything could become utter and content bliss again.

I hadn’t exactly planned to drag Mel into any of this let alone anyone else but the more time wore on the more and more I’m realizing that a lot of what’s going through my head is more so a quick snap decision, I made it up as I went. My plan at the end was deal with Jed and his ways ‘till I deleted the videos to save her hide and embarrassment, a way of silently paying my dues and then all could go back to the way it was.

How naive was I?

Things had gone reasonably well, still perfectly fine and smooth. It was more so the finer details I hadn’t really thought through. Jed and his ways really wasn’t the blunder of the thing, he had hit me less than five times he wasn’t a maniac that got a thrill from it nor was he out of control. He was still somewhat the Jed I had fallen in love with and being around him at times when he was his usually bubbly, laughing self and being sweet with me, joking and smiling it was easy to forget those few hits and those random spurts of anger and remember why I had fallen in love with him. At first those moments where I was relaxed and content around Jed angered me beyond belief at how weak I was to be so relaxed around him after he had hit me. Soon though I realized I wasn’t weak, I just realized that no matter what a part of me would always love Jed, the Jed I fell in love with before he had turned into this person, the person that hit me.