~CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX~

~Last time on 'Beautiful ~ Viktor X Reader~

"Oh look." She daintily points to the rink where Yuuri and Yurio were warming up. "He actually showed up," Dai says as he shakes his head in disappointment.

"Makes for a better show if he does."

"When are you going to meet Viktor." I turn my gaze to the rink instead of looking at Dai. I didn't want to tell her that he most likely forgot. And if he didn't forget, I didn't want to seem insecure. I have more trouble than I already bargained for...

~Y/N POV~

"Hello!" A cheerful Russian man calls from near the rink. It takes a ridiculously long time for me to find him through the crowd, but he managed to get my attention by waving his arms frantically in the air. 

Does he know he looks like a fool? Probers not by the looks of it...or maybe he just didn't care and was excited to see me?

"Do you want to see if you can sit with us?" I ask politely, hoping the answer would be no. 

Dai pokes my arm gently and whispers dramatically in my ear. "Go to him." She demands as she turns away from me to watch an obviously nervous Yuuri warm up. I take just a moment to admire his costume which looked a lot like the one that Viktor wore for one of his first national skating competitions.

Not knowing whether I should laugh or just walk away from Dai, I choose the latter so I don't have to hear her convince me that Viktor is in love with me and that we need to run away together into the sun like all of those cheesy classics...I don't mind when she does though.

I manoeuvre around adults, some kids that I knew from the classes I taught here, and one golden retriever service dog who I wanted to pet but unfortunately, he was in charge of taking care of his owner so I knew I shouldn't distract the good boy.

Viktor meets me at the bottom of the stairs-

and holds out his hand for me to take which looked like a simple gesture to anyone watching, but felt like much more to me. Yes, I am aware that I am a five-year-old that thinks holding hands is intimate.

"You didn't forget that I wanted you to sit with me, did you?" Viktor asks, looking genuinely concerned. 

How could I forget? I've been secretly looking forward to this since you asked.

I quickly shake my head I take his hand. He smiles his bright, warm, smile down at me. "You look very nice." Before I have time to thank him, Viktor pulls me over to where the coach normally watches his pupil but in Viktor's case, pupils.

After spending some time just people watching, (I had seen a man who was wearing an expensive looking suit, spill chilly all over himself and drop his coke into a lady's purse...) my gaze shifts to our hands which were resting against his leg. I could feel the scratchy material his pants were made from with the back of my hand. His hand was so much bigger than mine so my hand looked like a child's in his, but everything felt right.

Yurio scoffs as he skates past and I notice my face growing hot but Viktor either doesn't notice Yurio's disgust or he chose to ignore it. Either way, I don't mind. I shouldn't let people get to me like that. Especially Yurio.

"Yurio is doing very well today." Viktor comments with his eyes focused on Yurio as he does a lap around the rink.

"And Yuuri seems scared." I agree and Viktor looks at me out of the corner of his eye.

"He seemed calmer when he saw Dai walk in," Viktor says untroubled. I move to face him, my expression confused. "He seems to like her a lot." Viktor squeezes my hand softly and I see Yuuri skate our way. He looked slightly distraught but well rested. Before a big test at school or one of the smaller competitions we competed in together, he wouldn't get rest so he would show up, exhausted. At least he had listened to Viktor and gone to bed at a normal time.

"Viktor," Yuuri rests his arms against the railing. "Hello, Y/N!" He greats me happily. "Yuuko said she would like to talk to you about-" Yuuri cuts himself off and Viktor stands to go talk to Yuuko, I assume. My hand feels cold without his but I try not to notice. Viktor say's he'll be right back and I sit back against the chilly metile back of the chair.

What does Yuuko want and why did Yuuri cut himself off before he said why Yuuko wanted to speak to Viktor?

~To be Continued...again~

~Word Count: 818~

~Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Share~