~CHAPTER FOUR~

~August 4th~

"Good morning, Mrs. Kathy."  I set a menu in front of my middle school English teacher. She was my favorite teacher in middle school and I was the teacher's pet. Everyone else in my class was convinced Mrs. Kathy hated them so I don't know how I managed that!

She comes by the diner every now and again and Payton happily lets me wait on her table so Mrs. Kathy and I can catch up.

After she orders her usual, chocolate chip pancakes and coffee with a lot of cream and 3 packs of sugar, I pour her coffee and sit down.

The bell on the door rings and a customer walks in. Payton leads the customer to a table and takes his order. I don't pay to much attention to Payton or her customer, but after a little bit, Payton gets my attention by subtly waving at me from behind Mrs. Kathy and points to the kitchen.

"I better go put in your order so you can be out of here before noon!" She laughs and I stand and pick up the coffee pot so I can fill it and meet Payton in the kitchen.

"One order of chocolate chip pancakes for Mrs. Kathy so make 'em good!" I yell to Bayani who was the cook.

"Coming right up! But I might spit in it. She hated me!" Bayani yells back.

No, you just didn't turn in your homework...or come to class...

"Bayani, if there is ONE speckle of spit in her food I will kill you and replace you with a better boyfriend for Dai in a heartbeat!" I yell and turn to Payton. Bayani mumbles to himself and starts making the pancakes.

"Y/N! That customer I just helped is the same guy from last night! The one that you stared at!"

"Viktor's here? Again? Payton, are you messing with me?" Payton shakes her head and sits on the counter next to me.

"Oh, and I'm taking my break so you have to be his waitress!" Payton sings and I look at her shocked and set down the coffee pot I was holding so I wouldn't drop it.

"Hurry up! He's waiting!" I pick up the coffee pot and start to walk out of the kitchen.

"Y/N, he want's coffee with two sugars and french toast." I nod.

"Bayani-" He interrupts me before I can tell him the order.

"I heard the order! You two aren't very quiet." Bayani says a little salty.

"Thanks, Bayani! I could say the same think about you and Dai while we were all staying at the beach!" I cringe at the memory and he glares at me, but I turn my back so I don't have to look at him.

"Good luck! Don't spill coffee down his pants!" I look over my shoulder at Payton and she laughs. I walk out of the kitchen and to Viktor's table.

"Hi, I'm Y/N. I'll be taking over for Payton since she went on break." I set a coffee cup on the table a little shakily and pour black coffee into the cup thankfully without spilling it down his pants.

Hahaha, in your face Payton!

"Hello, I'm Viktor." He says and studies my face with his mesmerizing Sapphire blue eyes that I would love to get lost in. "Have I seen you before?"

Dai...I'm going to kill you...

"I was sitting across from you last night. My friend screamed and you looked over at us." I say politely, trying to hide my embarrassment.

"Yes, now I remember." Viktor looks a little worried. "Is she alright? She looked a little scared when I looked at her..." I laugh and shake my head.

"No, she's just a big fan of yours and was surprised to see you here," I say quickly and I see Payton walk over to Mrs. Kathy's table with a plate of pancakes and the start whispering and looking over at me. I look back at Viktor.

"I'll be right back with your french toast." I start walking off and Viktor stops me.

"Would you like to have a cup of coffee with me?" I look at Payton for a moment and she shows me two thumbs up. I look back at Viktor.

"I have a break in 10 minutes." Viktor smiles and I walk to the kitchen with Payton on my tail.

"Eeeeeekkkkk!!" I squeal and Payton laughs. "Bayani, is the french toast ready yet?" I yell back at him.

"Yes, have fun on your date." He says as he hands me the plate of french toast.

"It's not a date," I say and smile at him.

"Here." Payton pulls out her blush and a brush. I laugh and shake my head.

"Am I not beautiful enough for you?" I kick my leg up in the air behind me and make a ridiculous face. Payton laughs and Bayani rolls his eyes and mumbles under his breath.

"Go get him!" Payton pushes me out the door and hands me the coffee pot.

"Thanks." I walk over to Viktor's table and set the plate in front of him.

~

Word Count: 865

~Don't forget to Vote and Comment~