~CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO~

~Viktor POV~

After falling asleep at Y/N's house and being woken by Aiko and Makkichin barking at Dai who had just walked in the door, I decided that instead of taking a cab home, I'd take a stroll.

The sky was dark and lamp-posts cast a golden light on the sleepy street. The street was mostly deserted except a few people like me who had decided to take a little walk. It oddly calm or that could have just been my imagination mixed with dreariness from my nap. It was quiet but not in an uncomfortable way. While walking, lost in thought, I felt the same way I did after winning a competition. There was something about Y/N that made me smile when I think about her. She was different than other girls that I had met.

Makkachin trotted next to me, his paws patting on the concrete sidewalk. For a while, Makkachin was the only one I could rely on. He had always been by my side and I took him everywhere with me. Maybe one day, instead of taking Makkachin everywhere with me he could have a home with someone I love, someone who could be my anchor; my home. Before I had come to Hasetsu I didn't think that I would find someone like that.

As we round the corner to the Ice Castle, Makkachin's ears perk up and he looks at a nearby bush that was rustling. Makkachin darts over to the shrubbery and by the time I caught up with him, his head was deep inside the bush. I place my hand on the back of his neck and he pulls his head out of the bush. He looks up at me with his tung sticking out, it made him look like he was smiling and a leaf stuck in his fur.

The bush shakes again and Makkachin bends his front legs and sniffs around the bush. Just before I open my mouth to tell him to go inside, a small black kitten leapt out from the bush and onto Makkachin's back. Makkachin's body stiffened and the hairs on his back were raised. I quickly lift the cat off my dog's back before any harm could come to it and put her in the pocket of my coat so it would be out of sight.

Makkachin began danced around to find where I had put his new friend. He sniffed at my pocket and the cat meowed again, poking her head out to see who was disturbing her. I gently push the kitten back into my pocket and turn to Makkachin.

"Let her be," I say to Makkachin and he tilts his head slightly. "Come, let's go home and show Yuuri."

 On the short walk from outside the ice castle to my bedroom, the kitten had nestled herself in my pocket and was fast asleep when I checked on her.

~

When I showed Yuuri and Yurio the cat after it's small nap in my pocket, we agreed that it was too small to be out on its own. It was just a kitten after all. Yurio even volunteered to give him a good home back in Russia.

"Apple," Yurio suggests. He was sitting upside down on the couch with his feet in the air and kitten in his lap. Yuuri had sat next to the coffee table so they could discuss what to name the small kitten and so far it hadn't gone too well.

"Why would you name something so cute Apple?" Yuuri says exasperatedly. "Why would you name anything Apple?"

"I like it," Yurio shrugs and moves onto another name. "Rice Cracker"

"No,"

"Fried Chicken,"

"N-"

"Broccoli," Yuuri shakes his head and looks at the poor little kitten who was now swatting a paw at Yurio's face, playfully.

"Yurio,"

"I'm hungry," He answers simply.

"Captian Midnight of the SS Sassy,"

"Fine, but we're calling her Midnight unless she is in a lot of trouble." And with that, Captian Midnight of the SS Sassy was named.

~

~Word Count: 684~

~Don't Forget to Vote, Comment, and Share~